+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Passport Request

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I received PPR today, need to send the passport to Otawa.

Original Application is for myself and my spouse, in last Sep 2014 we had a baby in Canada (So Canada Citizen) and informed CIC about the baby.

My question is should i send my kid passport as well or only mine and mu spouse passports alone?

Below is the note in the PPR email from CIC.
"We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well."

Please suggest. Thanks.

nov1061

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2012
tom_brave said:
I received PPR today, need to send the passport to Otawa.

Original Application is for myself and my spouse, in last Sep 2014 we had a baby in Canada (So Canada Citizen) and informed CIC about the baby.

My question is should i send my kid passport as well or only mine and mu spouse passports alone?

Below is the note in the PPR email from CIC.
"We require a VALID passport for you and for each accompanying family member. Passports for you and all accompanying family members must be submitted together. There must be at least one blank visa page in each passport. If there are children included in your passport there must be blank visa pages for them as well."

Please suggest. Thanks.
Hi,
no, you don't need to send your baby's passport. The CIC need your passports in order to put a landing visa in it. Your baby as a Canadian citizen is not going to land (doesn't need anything from the CIC).

Gova

Jan 30, 2014
Hi tom_brave ,

I have sent my passport to CPC on March 13th and Canada post lost tracking till now no updates.

Please let me know once your retrun courier is active, It helps me for further actions.

Thanks in advance.

tom_brave

Star Member
Jan 25, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@nov1061, Thanks for the info.

@gova, i am not going to send ppt cic immediately. Am waiting for my spouse to come back from vacation.. planning to send the ppt by April 2nd week to CIC.
Hope you will get update on your ppt soon, you wont need to wait to see my updates. :)

Sambil786

Star Member
Apr 2, 2014
I have done my medical on March 03,2015. I have received email from CIC requesting for My and my spouse Passport copies. I was surprised that they must ask me to submit original passport for landing sticker. But my lawyer said that CIC do not put a record of Landing in the passport anymore. CIC send us PR card. I am not sure about the changes in rules. If any one can tell me about this.

jepoy0811

Nov 16, 2012
Hello i have a question regarding passport request, my wife and my daughter is in the philippines, do they need to submit their passports here in canada (im from alberta) and then il send it to cic together with mine? is it so risky? thanks