NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
Hi Friends,

All my foreign trips (less than 6 months) are mentioned in my old passport. Someone suggested me to only provide the latest passport and not the old one containing the stamps.

I have already mentioned my travel history post ITA.

So, is this correct, or I also need to upload old passport under "Passports/Travel Documents (Multiple) (required)"

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
no need to upload old passport. its a myth that the entry exit stamps and foreign trips are verified through passport. all they care about is the validity of the passport.

Reactions: syconetgeek

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
no need to upload old passport. its a myth that the entry exit stamps and foreign trips are verified through passport. all they care about is the validity of the passport.
So they don't verify travel history less than 6 months?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
So they don't verify travel history less than 6 months?
they have ways of verifying through info sharing with other countries but they dont use the stamps or visas in the passport for it. infact you only have to upload the biographic pages of your passport. mostly first and last pages.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
they have ways of verifying through info sharing with other countries but they dont use the stamps or visas in the passport for it. infact you only have to upload the biographic pages of your passport. mostly first and last pages.
Thanks Navin.

One more question.

My flight to Canada was on 27th of the month and from Canada, it was on 12 next month, but my passport stamps have 26 and 13. No Canada immigration stamp.

So, I have mentioned 26 to 13 on my travel history. Or should I mention from 27 to 12?

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Thanks Navin.

One more question.

My flight to Canada was on 27th of the month and from Canada, it was on 12 next month, but my passport stamps have 26 and 13. No Canada immigration stamp.

So, I have mentioned 26 to 13 on my travel history. Or should I mention from 27 to 12?
your time in canada is 27th till 12th so that should be in travel history.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
I think I should put as per the ticket and not as per the Indian entry/exit stamps.

parth115

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
India
Category........
FSW
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
04-10-2017
AOR Received.
19-06-2018
Are you sure about this ?
The post-ITA form clearly states that you need to upload all the pages of your passport with visible entry and exit stamps.

It might be true that they use info sharing, but for countries like Iran, Syria, Yemen with which Canada does not have favorable relationship right now there will be NO info sharing. So they do depend on entry and exit stamps for these cases.

navinball

VIP Member
Feb 26, 2018
Are you sure about this ?
The post-ITA form clearly states that you need to upload all the pages of your passport with visible entry and exit stamps.

It might be true that they use info sharing, but for countries like Iran, Syria, Yemen with which Canada does not have favorable relationship right now there will be NO info sharing. So they do depend on entry and exit stamps for these cases.
https://www.canada.ca/en/immigration-refugees-citizenship/corporate/publications-manuals/operational-bulletins-manuals/permanent-residence/express-entry/applications-received-on-after-january-1-2016-completeness-check.html

They definitely cannot use entry exit stamps to determine travel. Simple reason being if one loses his passport the new one will not have any stamps and by that logic they would not have a travel history.

smash1984

Champion Member
Oct 7, 2018
I don't know. CIC does ask for pages with stamps on passports. For example I get this message for my passport

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.

syconetgeek

Mar 30, 2015
Visa Office......
New Delhi
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
NO
AOR Received.
03-10-2018
VISA ISSUED...
18-05-2019
I don't know. CIC does ask for pages with stamps on passports. For example I get this message for my passport

If you have a passport, you must provide a copy of:

• the page that shows your birth date and country of origin, and
  • any pages with stamps, visas or markings.
ButB that's only for few passport I guess