+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding NOC code

Jun 28, 2020
Hello everyone I am a relationship manager for Mortgage loans , My duties are basically
- Sourcing mortgage business through mapped channel
- being SPOC for customer throughout the loan process
- Getting the loan application processed through different stages of sanction / legal / valuation etc
-Hiring and training a team of 7-8executives who would be on ground sourcing and generating business.

These are the basic functions, I am terribly confused on which NOC code actually applies to me. I work in a bank , but I dont do basic banking functions like opening deposits , cross sell etc...my experience is specific to Home loan lending only and it is a managerial job.

harsimranjot

Star Member
Dec 1, 2019
LUDHIANA PUNJAB
Category........
Visa Office......
chandigarh
Hello everyone I am a relationship manager for Mortgage loans , My duties are basically
- Sourcing mortgage business through mapped channel
- being SPOC for customer throughout the loan process
- Getting the loan application processed through different stages of sanction / legal / valuation etc
-Hiring and training a team of 7-8executives who would be on ground sourcing and generating business.

These are the basic functions, I am terribly confused on which NOC code actually applies to me. I work in a bank , but I dont do basic banking functions like opening deposits , cross sell etc...my experience is specific to Home loan lending only and it is a managerial job.
Your situation is pretty straightforward. As per your description, the best match for you is NOC 0122, Banking, Credit and other investment Managers.

Here are the main duties under this NOC:

Main duties

Banking managers perform some or all of the following duties:

• Plan, organize, direct, control and evaluate the branch operations of a bank, trust company, credit union or similar financial institution or of a department in such an institution responsible for administering personal and commercial loans, buying and selling securities, operating investment funds, administering trusts, settling estates or other related activities
  • Ensure the institution's policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines and make recommendations for improvement
  • Network to develop business relations, promote the sale of loan, investment and other banking services and attract corporate and individual customers
  • Interview corporate and individual customers and respond to customer enquiries
  • Analyze, review and approve or reject loan and credit applications in accordance with authorized limits
  • Monitor processing of loan applications and credit investigations
  • Oversee preparation of monthly financial and branch progress reports
  • Recruit personnel and identify their training needs
Reference:
https://www23.statcan.gc.ca/imdb/p3VD.pl?Function=getVD&TVD=314243&CVD=314247&CPV=0122&CST=01012016&CLV=4&MLV=4

The other option will be NOC 6235 that is suitable for loan representatives. This will be applicable if your reference letter does not mention your designation as a Manager. If manager is clearly mentioned on reference letter, go for NOC 0122 without a second thought.