+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Medical Exam Deferral due to pregnancy

navjot3019

Mar 25, 2020
Hi ,

My wife had her medical exam on 20/3/2020 and we submitted her application with all documents. Due to covid, her application was not processed till now. And now she got a letter (on 30/3/2021) to undergo medical exam(may be because her previous medical exam expired after 1 year). But she is 2 months pregnant now and cannot go for X ray. So my doubts are:
- Is there any way to defer whole medical exam or only X-ray can be postponed till birth.
- Once physician provided X-ray deferral letter, how and where to upload it in CIC, because her application was already submitted last year and there is no option available to upload now.

Thanks.

k.h.p.

VIP Member
Mar 1, 2019
Canada
You need to complete what the panel physician will allow you to complete. And then let the panel physician submit the results along with the delay for the x-ray due to pregnancy. You can upload that letter yourself, but the panel physician should also say it.

Reactions: scylla

navjot3019

Mar 25, 2020
Thanks khp. I have submitted the deferral form. Any idea if the validity(1 year) of this medical exam would be considered from this date or will it start from the date when xray will be conducted.

Luckbychance

Star Member
Sep 29, 2019
Thanks khp. I have submitted the deferral form. Any idea if the validity(1 year) of this medical exam would be considered from this date or will it start from the date when xray will be conducted.
Hi can you please share your experience and timeline. I am in a similar situation.

CEC_1304

Champion Member
Mar 25, 2014
Category........
CEC
LANDED..........
02-May 2015
Medical validity counter starts the the medical pass not form the day it reached to Officer
Example , You did your medical on 1 Jan 2022 , and dr uploaded it in e-medical portal , now on 1st March IRCC revived your result and make it as medical pass , so your 12 month counter will start from the day medical pass , NOT from the day you did your blood work , x-ray etc.
Now fir same in your situation , Although partial test you have done and X-Ray you will do later , so the old tests most probably need not to repeat.
and IRCC will look altogether once they will receive all

Good Luck