+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding last year FSW capped NOC return aplication UCI number(need help!)

Nov 19, 2014
hI experts

I have received my application for last year FSW program that was returned by CIC due to capped NOC. As my application was not processed due to incompleteness(NOC capped). But on the applicant form, I can see the UCI number was given(hand written on the application form). When I was making application this year, do I need to indicate this UCI number in my new application or can I just ignore it as it was not processed at all. I understand you would need to provide the UCI number if you currently have appliantion in process but for returned application do they already scan all your information in the system, eg. marriage, work exp,education, etc.

As I have made several updates/changes on my work experience for example. The informtion I have provided in my new application is different from my old application that was returned to me last year. So I worried about if I provide such UCI number do I have to explain to CIC why are these changes or I can just ignore the UCI?

Could someone have experience on this can share some lights on how they might process returned application? what information they have already put into the system for capped NOC? Do I must indicate UCI number in my new application?

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Given that your application hasn't started processing, you don't have to mention the UCI number in your EE profile.

One way of identifying if the UCI means anything, try logging into ECAS to see if anything shows up. If something comes up, including the UCI n your EE profile would be ok. If nothing comes up, ignore the UCI.

ECAS ---> https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

All the best!

rigel

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
Given that your application hasn't started processing, you don't have to mention the UCI number in your EE profile.

One way of identifying if the UCI means anything, try logging into ECAS to see if anything shows up. If something comes up, including the UCI n your EE profile would be ok. If nothing comes up, ignore the UCI.

ECAS ---> https://services3.cic.gc.ca/ecas/authenticate.do?app=ecas

All the best!
Hi, I'm in the same position. I'm tempted to not mention the handwritten UCI, but is there any chance of misrepresentation if I dont? After all 'it is' a UCI number

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rigel said:
Hi, I'm in the same position. I'm tempted to not mention the handwritten UCI, but is there any chance of misrepresentation if I dont? After all 'it is' a UCI number
As I said, try logging into ECAS to see if anything comes up. If nothing does, you can choose to leave it out.

rigel

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
As I said, try logging into ECAS to see if anything comes up. If nothing does, you can choose to leave it out.
Hi so I have checked ecas and I cannot login/it does not show anything, BUT I had withdrawn my original EE application and recreated a new one on June 6th (for OOPNP). So do i mention my first "Express Entry file number" into my present one?

Tell us about xxxx's previous applications to Canada,
Has xxxx applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before?
Has xxxx applied for Express Entry before?
Please provide the Express Entry file number
If xxxx has a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below

chouchou959

Apr 8, 2015
I did mention my uci for my last year's application in the EE system. I have got my CoPR all the same.

But then I have not had major changes in my profile, so my case could not be the best reference here.

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
rigel said:
Hi so I have checked ecas and I cannot login/it does not show anything, BUT I had withdrawn my original EE application and recreated a new one on June 6th (for OOPNP). So do i mention my first "Express Entry file number" into my present one?

Tell us about xxxx's previous applications to Canada,
Has xxxx applied to Citizenship and Immigration Canada before?
Has xxxx applied for Express Entry before?
Please provide the Express Entry file number
If xxxx has a Unique Client Identifier (UCI) please enter it below
If you never got an ITA, you can answer No here. Creating a profile isn't the same as applying to EE.

rigel

Star Member
Jun 16, 2015
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Asivad Anac said:
If you never got an ITA, you can answer No here. Creating a profile isn't the same as applying to EE.
ahh. great, thanks