+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding GIC and acceptance of US dollar.....

Ischaan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
NAVI MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th August 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
8th July
Med's Done....
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
27th August
LANDED..........
31st August
Hi
I have da TT slip of the money transfered to scotia bank, can i apply for Visa under SPP, even though I havn't received the GIC certificate, but by sending the TT slip along wid other documents......
&
how much amt of money can I take along wid me to canada....is the US dollar easily accepted over der or I need to have CAD $.......as I hv few US dollar ..which I am thinking of taking wid me...

need ur input guys....

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
you can't apply without the GIC, T.T won't do good. Better to wait.

You can carry up to 10k CAD easily, above this amount, you may have to give explanation at POE. US dollars aren't welcomed here at merchants, I faced this problem myself.

Cheers!

hhaarriisshh

Jul 18, 2013
my gic account is opened but i did not get certificate , so can i apply for visa with receipts given by scotia bank for (spp college seneca)

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
@harish, you didn't my last post I guess. You shouldn't apply with T.T, you should wait for GIC.

Cheers!

Meera

Apr 30, 2013
Hi,

I am also facing the same problem, waiting for GIC certificate...
Does anybody knows if i can apply for visa after 1 aug for sept 13 intake? Are there any chances of acceptance?

Thanks
Meera

Ischaan

Star Member
Jul 18, 2013
NAVI MUMBAI
Category........
Visa Office......
CHC-New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
19th August 2013
IELTS Request
7 overall
Med's Request
8th July
Med's Done....
10th July
VISA ISSUED...
27th August
LANDED..........
31st August
sabby2612 said:
you can't apply without the GIC, T.T won't do good. Better to wait.

You can carry up to 10k CAD easily, above this amount, you may have to give explanation at POE. US dollars aren't welcomed here at merchants, I faced this problem myself.

Cheers!
Thanx for informing me mate......it looks like I m in a mess as I m running away from time right now......is der any other way I can apply for visa.....as I really want to join the sept intake......

sabby2612

Mar 14, 2013
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Well, though 1st august is the last date, but I know couple of cases (some personally, and some here in the forum) where peple applied post last date and yet got visa. What's really important is that your file should be complete and in order. Now, the advantage for you people at the moment is "the strike" in a way as embassy (CIC & CHC) knows staff is either working too slow or not working at all, hence application post deadline, i think can be reviewed with no negative thought process.

There is no other way around to apply for visa, just one and only way which you are already following.

Cheers!