+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Extension

rohitgarg88

Jun 7, 2017
India
Hi Forum Users,

In past 10-15 days, we have recieved two good news.
1. Recieved our ITA on 9th Aug 2017.
2. My wife is pregnant.

We booked our medicals for 21st Aug but could not complete the process as our personal doctor had advised not to go for x-ray in entire duration of pregnancy. My wife's expected due date will fall somewhere in April next year.

We cannot complete mandatory x-ray before April 2018 and our ITA will expire on 8th Nov 2017.

What we have come to know so far is that we can get x-ray deferral letter from CMM and CIC will advise to get the x-ray done within 30 days of delivery of baby. Is this information true??

Also, if we take our medical tests next week (with deferral for x-ray), medical will have expiry date in August 2018.

We are not really sure if we will be able to fly from india to canada immediately once baby is delivered. I think it is not advisable for newly borns to fly on long flights and to a cold country for atleast a year. Any advises here???

Is there a way we can get an extension to fly from CIC for 6 months?? If yes, then please advise on the process.

Once baby is delivered in April next year, i will have to procure birth certificate and passport for newly born to add him/her in the application. How much time will it take in Hyderabad (India)?? Any ideas here please.

Please provide your valuable inputs to help us devise a best plan keeping in mind the ITA expire date which is 8th Nov 2017.

Many thanks in advance.

Last edited: