+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Extending/Bridging Open Workpermit BC PNP

Nas_AA

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
My current OWP will expire next March 2017.

I received my BC PNP nomination under SI International Graduate and I also got a work permit support letter. My nomination in that stream required me to have a degree + job offer and I had both.

But on my Nomination letter, it says I have no restrictions on employment.

So does that mean I can get away with extending my current open work permit or should I apply for a Closed work permit ?

Please help

As I would prefer to have an OWP rather than a closed one.

I got this from the CIC website
Note: If you applied under the Provincial Nominee Program, you must not have employment restrictions as conditions of your nomination.

Thanks

Nas_AA

Star Member
Jul 15, 2014
Nvm I got my Answer. I am eligible to apply for OWP Based on this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp

Determining if nomination has employment restrictions

In order to determine whether the applicant is subject to restrictions on employment, a nomination template letter has been provided to all provinces and territories. Different versions of the letter have already been implemented by several provinces and territories and are in the process of being implemented by all other provinces and territories.

This letter contains one of the following boxes, which IRCC officers can use to determine whether there are employment restrictions on the nomination. Provinces and territories have been instructed to choose “Yes” or “No” in the Restrictions on employment field, as this will provide IRCC officers with confirmation of whether the nominee is, in fact, eligible to apply for a BOWP.

Provinces and territories may include an employer or the name of the occupation and the National Occupational Classification (NOC) code, and still indicate that there are no employment restrictions. In these cases, the applicants are eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

For previous versions of nomination letters (not template letters), if there is no specific indication on the letter that there are employment restrictions, the applicant is eligible for an open work permit, provided they meet the other eligibility criteria. A separate letter from the applicant or the nominating province to confirm that no employment restrictions exist should not be requested.

K4n4d4WS

Star Member
Jun 8, 2016
Edmonton AB
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
11-08-2015
Doc's Request.
21-03-2016
Nomination.....
29-05-2015
AOR Received.
10-11-2015
Med's Request
29-04-2016
Med's Done....
04-05-2016
Passport Req..
08-12-2016
VISA ISSUED...
waiting
LANDED..........
waiting
Nas_AA said:
Nvm I got my Answer. I am eligible to apply for OWP Based on this link http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp
from CIC:
Applicants applying for a BOWP must include a copy of their Acknowledgment of receipt - Application for permanent residence letter with their open work permit application.

Note: Foreign nationals in the Provincial Nominee Program (PNP) are eligible for a BOWP only if they have provided a copy of the nomination letter issued by the nominating province or territory along with their application and there is no indication that employment restrictions exist as conditions of the nomination.

http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/resources/tools/temp/work/prov/bridging.asp