+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Regarding Document for Financial Proof at Port of Entry

zearst123

Jul 29, 2013
Hello All,

I have received admission in University of Waterloo in Master degree program and have received Study permit also few days back. Now I am confused that on CIC website it is mentioned that you can show either GIC or Student loan as financial proof at port of entry to show to immigration officer. But my parents are sponsoring my fee and living expenses. All the original Documents of Financial support are with Canadian Consulate India.
I would like request if someone can guide me that since my parents are sponsoring my tuition and stay in Canada, and I am not talking any loan too. Is it really necessary to show GIC or Study load at port of entry? Again I am not in SPP condition and my university is a Public University.

Kindly guide me so that I can prepare my documents on time.

Thanks

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
zearst123 said:
Hello All,

I have received admission in University of Waterloo in Master degree program and have received Study permit also few days back. Now I am confused that on CIC website it is mentioned that you can show either GIC or Student loan as financial proof at port of entry to show to immigration officer. But my parents are sponsoring my fee and living expenses. All the original Documents of Financial support are with Canadian Consulate India.
I would like request if someone can guide me that since my parents are sponsoring my tuition and stay in Canada, and I am not talking any loan too. Is it really necessary to show GIC or Study load at port of entry? Again I am not in SPP condition and my university is a Public University.

Kindly guide me so that I can prepare my documents on time.

Thanks
most likely they will not ask u for financial documents at port of entry. i am wondering u have given ur original documents to CHC? i think for indians u dont need to submit originals ....anyways did u keep photo copies of those documents? what financial documents did u submit? u can take those xerox/photo copies but my experience is they dont ask for financial proof at port of entry that is where u land in canada.

zearst123

Jul 29, 2013
Hi Mead,

Thanks for your reply. I do have the scans of all the documents. In financial document I provided bank Statements, Fds (and showed around 40,00 CAN Dollars in total) a Covering letter ( a affidavit) etc from my parents that they will be sponsoring my stay and tuition in Canada for complete 1 year.
So do you think showing the printouts of scan would do it?

mead

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-11-2012
Doc's Request.
28-11-2012
IELTS Request
n/a
Med's Request
n/a
Med's Done....
n/a
VISA ISSUED...
6-12-2012
zearst123 said:
Hi Mead,

Thanks for your reply. I do have the scans of all the documents. In financial document I provided bank Statements, Fds (and showed around 40,00 CAN Dollars in total) a Covering letter ( a affidavit) etc from my parents that they will be sponsoring my stay and tuition in Canada for complete 1 year.
So do you think showing the printouts of scan would do it?
they will not ask for financial documents at port of entry but just to be safe take printouts with u....