+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

regarding carleton university application process

gpsaini

May 5, 2018
hello friends ,
i have applied to M.engg in civil engineering at carleton university for fall 2018.
at present my application status is "Recommended for Assessment"
is there any possibility of getting offer letter?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Yes. You got past the first stage. The professors and program coordinator will now get together to discuss applicants for 1st round admission. After 1st round there is 2nd round.

gpsaini

May 5, 2018
Yes. You got past the first stage. The professors and program coordinator will now get together to discuss applicants for 1st round admission. After 1st round there is 2nd round.
It's been 4 months since I have applied for this program ..How many more weeks they will take to give decision after this stage?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You applied really early that's why you've been waiting so long. I assume 1st round offers have been sent out or will be sent out when soon since university spring marks are being posted around now. You submitted your application early enough for the summer term.

gpsaini

May 5, 2018
You applied really early that's why you've been waiting so long. I assume 1st round offers have been sent out or will be sent out when soon since university spring marks are being posted around now. You submitted your application early enough for the summer term.
Should I stay sure that I will get offer letter or is there any possibility of rejection after this stage?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
There is always a chance of rejection. All depends who gets sent 1st round admissions and whether they accept. You're in the running for a spot or you would gotten a rejection notice already. Most Canadian students try to at least apply to 2 schools if not more unless they are at the very top of their class and a good university and know they will likely get into theit choice of schools. The wait is almost over. Must of felt like a long time but they barely looked at your application until recently.

gpsaini

May 5, 2018
There is always a chance of rejection. All depends who gets sent 1st round admissions and whether they accept. You're in the running for a spot or you would gotten a rejection notice already. Most Canadian students try to at least apply to 2 schools if not more unless they are at the very top of their class and a good university and know they will likely get into theit choice of schools. The wait is almost over. Must of felt like a long time but they barely looked at your application until recently.
Thanks alot for kind information

jasz_blr

May 28, 2018
Even mine changed to "Recommended for Assessment" last week, after 3 months of Phase-1 waiting.

Now Phase-2 waiting has started :oops: