05/28/2015
Med's Request
07/29/2015
Med's Done....
PENDING; awaiting for the Forms
LANDED..........
AUGUST 2016 (If God permits)
Hi,
My sister got a refused TRV application and I wanted help so badly. She has no travel history, not much savings but has a job. She is single. I will be financing all her expenses because I am PR here in Canada with a full time job however, I cannot say I have much savings either but I am a registered nurse. Is there a chance that my sister can get approved to visit me at all. What can we do to get approved for her reapplication. I recently gave birth and I am currently on maternity leave.

Thanks.

Thank you

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,
My sister got a refused TRV application and I wanted help so badly. She has no travel history, not much savings but has a job. She is single. I will be financing all her expenses because I am PR here in Canada with a full time job however, I cannot say I have much savings either but I am a registered nurse. Is there a chance that my sister can get approved to visit me at all. What can we do to get approved for her reapplication. I recently gave birth and I am currently on maternity leave.

Thanks.

Thank you
Order GCMS notes for full reasons for refusal. How long was the visit? Did you provide a letter of invitation saying you were pregnant and needed help? If so, that creates concerns that your sister is coming to care for you and that is considered work.

- Funds: She needs to show her own funds that she can support a visit plus airfare/insurance. Keep the visit short with funds that can cover the visit.
- Ties: Job letter with leave, property, investments, family
- Travel History: Not much she can do.

dart86

Aug 26, 2014
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/31/2014
Doc's Request.
05/28/2015
Med's Request
07/29/2015
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
Order GCMS notes for full reasons for refusal. How long was the visit? Did you provide a letter of invitation saying you were pregnant and needed help? If so, that creates concerns that your sister is coming to care for you and that is considered work.

- Funds: She needs to show her own funds that she can support a visit plus airfare/insurance. Keep the visit short with funds that can cover the visit.
- Ties: Job letter with leave, property, investments, family
- Travel History: Not much she can do.
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't mention anything related to me needing her help after childbirth. I only mentioned family reunification on my invitation letter. I already stated as well that I will pay for everything for her visit and provided my bank statements. But I did not provide a detailed itinerary, I just mentioned that I wanted to show her around and the visit I indicated was 5 months maybe that's why it got flagged and denied?

As for the finances, my sister doesn't have much that's why I specified in the letter it's me who is paying for everything. I wonder if they have a benchmark amount for my bank statements too. I don't have much but I have a stable income and can afford for my sister's visit .

I am so frustrated. I haven't been home for 3 years now.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Hi,

Thank you for your reply. I didn't mention anything related to me needing her help after childbirth. I only mentioned family reunification on my invitation letter. I already stated as well that I will pay for everything for her visit and provided my bank statements. But I did not provide a detailed itinerary, I just mentioned that I wanted to show her around and the visit I indicated was 5 months maybe that's why it got flagged and denied?

As for the finances, my sister doesn't have much that's why I specified in the letter it's me who is paying for everything. I wonder if they have a benchmark amount for my bank statements too. I don't have much but I have a stable income and can afford for my sister's visit .

I am so frustrated. I haven't been home for 3 years now.
Her application has many red flags. So if she was coming for 5 months then what ties to home country could she show. How much in funds did she show? Saying you will fund her whole visit for 5 months is a big red flag. Your funds may or may not be considered as she is not your immediate family.

Wait for GCMS notes and reapply when she can address all reasons with refusal as stated above - funds, ties to home country etc. She should only apply for a length of visit that she can afford.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Agree. It's very unusal for someone who doesn't have much and willing to leave her job for 5 months without pay.

May be she needs to be more estiablished to build up her travel profile.

You could consider visiting her may be.

dart86

Aug 26, 2014
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/31/2014
Doc's Request.
05/28/2015
Med's Request
07/29/2015
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
I see. Thank you for all your responses. It was a first time to aplly for TRV so we didn't know what are dos and donts to avoid red flags for the application. I wonder if there are services that offers writing a strong invitation letter

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I see. Thank you for all your responses. It was a first time to aplly for TRV so we didn't know what are dos and donts to avoid red flags for the application. I wonder if there are services that offers writing a strong invitation letter
You can certainly hire an immigration lawyer. Although not a cheap option.

I would stay away from consultants. Too many bad experiences here in consultants reusing the same letters over and over again in different applications.

Either write the letter yourself or pay for high quality help.

Definitely shorten the trip substantially as well. Five months is way too long for someone with no travel history and no real funds.

Reactions: dart86

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
A lawyer can’t overcome the red flags like minimal savings.

Reactions: dart86

dart86

Aug 26, 2014
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/31/2014
Doc's Request.
05/28/2015
Med's Request
07/29/2015
Med's Done....
LANDED..........
You can certainly hire an immigration lawyer. Although not a cheap option.

I would stay away from consultants. Too many bad experiences here in consultants reusing the same letters over and over again in different applications.

Either write the letter yourself or pay for high quality help.

Definitely shorten the trip substantially as well. Five months is way too long for someone with no travel history and no real funds.
Thank you so much for your tips. I would definitely keep that in mind

dart86

Aug 26, 2014
Cebu
Category........
Visa Office......
Manila
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
07/31/2014