+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refused visitor, must leave within 30 days but still awaiting answer from owp

Andy2c

Jan 18, 2019
Hi,
June 1st i applied to extend my visitot visa because my current one was about to expire and needed more time to complete application for owp.

June 18th i submit the owp application for common law partners of skilled workers.
I paid a $200 restoration of status fee when submitting.

Today i recieve news the visitor visa has been resused and the letter states that i must leave immedietely. Meaning i am no longer in status.

However, i still can see the owp application on my account waiting for a descion.

Can i stay in canada while i wait the the answer for owp processing time says 50 days, but has been well over 80 now. I have sent a message on ircc web form, but no response, how long will it take?

Please help, i dont know what to do

Last edited:

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
Your OWP application will also be denied since you're not in status and you cannot get an OWP if you aren't in status.

You need to make plans to leave Canada immediately. Based on the information provided, I can't really see any other options. Why was your extension denied - what was the reason given?

Reactions: Buletruck

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Hi,
June 1st i applied to extend my visitot visa because my current one was about to expire and needed more time to complete application for owp.

June 18th i submit the owp application for common law partners of skilled workers.

Today i recieve news the visitor visa has been resused and the letter states that i must leave immedietely. Meaning i am no longer in status.

However, i still can see the owp application on my account waiting for a descion.

Can i stay in canada while i wait the the answer for owp processing time says 50 days, but has been well over 80 now. I have sent a message on ircc web form, but no response, how long will it take?

Please help, i dont know what to do
You are missing the most key piece of information: when did your previous status expire?

Andy2c

Jan 18, 2019
Your OWP application will also be denied since you're not in status and you cannot get an OWP if you aren't in status.

You need to make plans to leave Canada immediately. Based on the information provided, I can't really see any other options. Why was your extension denied - what was the reason given?
Can i go to the border to get status whilst im waiting for the response of the OWP and then be in status to recieve it.?

Andy2c

Jan 18, 2019
You are missing the most key piece of information: when did your previous status expire?
My previous status expired on the 1st of june.
I applied for visitor visa extension on the may 31st, however it shows online i submited 1st of june

Andy2c

Jan 18, 2019
My previous status expired on the 1st of june.
I applied for visitor visa extension on the may 31st, however it shows online i submited 1st of june
On the 18th June i paid $200 restoration of status fee when i submited the work permit.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
Can i go to the border to get status whilst im waiting for the response of the OWP and then be in status to recieve it.?
A border run is always risky. CBSA isn't as nice as IRCC when it comes to people out of status.

On the 18th June i paid $200 restoration of status fee when i submited the work permit.
Information that should have been in the first post. You just need to wait for that to be processed.

Andy2c

Jan 18, 2019
To i am allowed to stay while the visa is being processed?

Im worried if i dont leave, they may enforce my removal.

21Goose

VIP Member
Nov 10, 2016
AOR Received.
Feb 2017
To i am allowed to stay while the visa is being processed?

Im worried if i dont leave, they may enforce my removal.
Yes, since you applied for restoration you can stay. You're out of status, but you're in a 90-day window where you're allowed to apply for restoration. If your restoration application is approved, you'll be back in status. If it's denied, you will have to leave Canada ASAP.

Andy2c

Jan 18, 2019

Hi Goose, these are the reasons for the refusal,will this effect the chances of my owp?

This letter refers to your application for a Visitor Record. Based on your application and accompanying documentation that you have provided, I have carefully considered all information and I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act and Regulations. Your application as requested is therefore refused. Persons wishing to extend temporary resident status in Canada must satisfy an officer that they will leave Canada by the end of the period authorized for their stay, that they will not contravene the conditions of entry and that they do not belong in a category of persons inadmissible to Canada under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. In reaching a decision, an officer considers several factors, which include the applicant’s:
1. Reason for original entry and reason for requested extension;
2. Ties to country of permanent residence, including: - employment and study commitments; - family ties and responsibilities; - status (citizenship or immigration status);
3. Financial means for the extended stay and return home;
4. Travel and identity documents;
5. Probability to leave Canada at the end of authorized stay. After considering all the circumstances of your case, I am not satisfied that you meet the requirements of the Act and Regulations.

You must leave Canada on or before the expiry of your current document or, if your document has already expired you must leave Canada immediately. Failure to do so could result in enforcement action against you.