+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused VISA under SPP:What to do next!! Re-appeal || General Apply || ??

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
ravish02 said:
There are 2 options

1. If I go for CAIPS note it will take another 1 month and I need to defer my SEP-2016 intake, refund my GIC and reapply again according to caips note.
2. I can explain all the refusal points well and make then convince. My previous SOP was only of 1 page- this might be the reason for not understanding my case.

what is ur take on this. ??

Hey,

You are ok to write a longer SOP. Many of our members might disagree with a longer SOP but I have some logic for it.
Firstly, when you have a rejection, you NEED to address all the reasons of the rejection in your SOP and let them know why they were WRONG in rejecting your earlier application.
Secondly, you also need to write the answers to the generic CIC questions such as "why canada?" "why this course" "why this university" "How will this course benefit your" etc. etc.
So It can always become more than 1 page.

Also, It would be good to put a separate cover letter on your letter of explanation, stating which numbered documents are for which backlogs.

I would also advise you to state in the very first few lines of your SOP that your statement is longer than the recommended 1 page because you needed to address the issues of the rejection and 1 page could not suffice.

However, try to bring it within 2 pages, you can use narrow margins or a bit smaller font to do that. The VO when he/she sees that the statement is 3 pages, might then feel uncomfortable to read through the whole thing. At the end of the day, you are at their mercy.

If you go for an appeal, it will go into judiciary review, you might actually get the decision reversed but after that your application will be treated as a new submission and it will take the same time as a new submission.

Hope this helps.

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
Poonam.tandon said:
I am already in express entry pool and now I want to apply for student visa. I have very low score
Will it be advisable to apply for study in canada?
Are there any chances of visa getting rejected? I am willing to withdraw my profile from the pool.
Pls suggest what should I do?

Hi Poonam,

Its great that you have already started your express entry application. Most students applying here are also thinking of doing that or will do that at some point in the future. So you are ahead of the game.

I would advise you not to withdraw your application from the express entry pool. The reason is because, then the CIC will think 2 things.

1. This candidate had a dual intent of applying when he/she had applied for the express entry
2. This candidate is not bona fide as he/she is trying to mislead the CIC into believing that they have only one intention, that is studying.

Its point 2 that puts you in trouble. Point 1 is absolutely legitimate. The CIC officers (VO) will not reject your application, thinking that you want to stay in Canada if you are allowed to stay by express entry or work permit. They will refuse you if they think, you are only applying because you are thinking that study permit is a gateway to get inside Canada and you will stay there by whatever means necessary.

So in summary, you should keep your express entry application on. Then you should state clearly that, you have applied for EE also but you are studying this course as it might increase your chances of employment both in Canada and in your home country. If you receive a work permit or EE after your studies, you will stay only if you get a good job in Canada, but if you do not get a good job in Canada, you are 100% certain that you will get a good job in your home country (of-course you will have to back this statement by some proof such as letter from employer etc.).

Hope this helps.

Reactions: Ehsan.may80

ravish02

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
enywmara said:
Firstly, Thanks for replying and giving valuable feedback.

My rejection reasons : Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: Your qualifications, previous studies, missing marks cards, gap in studies employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.

Firstly, when you have a rejection, you NEED to address all the reasons of the rejection in your SOP and let them know why they were WRONG in rejecting your earlier application.
I have made a letter explaining all my rejection points like this
1. Qualifications : giving explanation in paragraph
2.previous studies : giving explanation in paragraph
.... so on.

Is that Right ?

If you go for an appeal, it will go into judiciary review, you might actually get the decision reversed but after that your application will be treated as a new submission and it will take the same time as a new submission.
-appeal and reapply are the same time ?

enywmara

Star Member
Jun 23, 2016
Dhaka
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
Nomination.....
25-05-2022
AOR Received.
07-07-2022
IELTS Request
Upfront
Med's Request
Upfront
Med's Done....
21-12-2021
Interview........
Not needed
ravish02 said:
My rejection reasons : Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: Your qualifications, previous studies, missing marks cards, gap in studies employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.

I have made a letter explaining all my rejection points like this
1. Qualifications : giving explanation in paragraph
2.previous studies : giving explanation in paragraph
.... so on.

Is that Right ?
-appeal and reapply are the same time ?

There is no right or wrong way to write the SOP. As long as you are being direct in your answers, you will be ok. Appeal and reapply are two different things. Re-applying is applying again, newly. Appeal is when you appeal against your old application.

Poonam.tandon

Mar 24, 2016
enywmara said:
Hi Poonam,

Its great that you have already started your express entry application. Most students applying here are also thinking of doing that or will do that at some point in the future. So you are ahead of the game.

I would advise you not to withdraw your application from the express entry pool. The reason is because, then the CIC will think 2 things.

1. This candidate had a dual intent of applying when he/she had applied for the express entry
2. This candidate is not bona fide as he/she is trying to mislead the CIC into believing that they have only one intention, that is studying.

Its point 2 that puts you in trouble. Point 1 is absolutely legitimate. The CIC officers (VO) will not reject your application, thinking that you want to stay in Canada if you are allowed to stay by express entry or work permit. They will refuse you if they think, you are only applying because you are thinking that study permit is a gateway to get inside Canada and you will stay there by whatever means necessary.

So in summary, you should keep your express entry application on. Then you should state clearly that, you have applied for EE also but you are studying this course as it might increase your chances of employment both in Canada and in your home country. If you receive a work permit or EE after your studies, you will stay only if you get a good job in Canada, but if you do not get a good job in Canada, you are 100% certain that you will get a good job in your home country (of-course you will have to back this statement by some proof such as letter from employer etc.).

Hope this helps.
Thank you so much for your prompt response.I will keep these points in consideration and proceed. :)

ravish02

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
enywmara said:
There is no right or wrong way to write the SOP. As long as you are being direct in your answers, you will be ok. Appeal and reapply are two different things. Re-applying is applying again, newly. Appeal is when you appeal against your old application.
I searched on Google, some says its useless to appeal because you have to hire a lawyer in Canada which will cost you much as 5K.

What should I do then and I have applied for SEP-16 Intake. and I dont have CAIPS note as well.

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Reasons: SPP is upto 5 yrs. You have 6 years of gap after studies.
There is no clarity on program selection as per the qualification or previous studies.
Backlogs should be clearly highlighted along with marksheets. Its too late already for SPP. SPP was closed on 31st, SPP once rejected cannot be re-applied ever. Get exact reasons for refusal instead of re-applying in haste.

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
Poonam.tandon said:
Thank you so much for your prompt response.I will keep these points in consideration and proceed. :)
Hi poonam,
It may sound a bit harsh and abrupt but its a 110% rejection if you apply for student Visa. I have seen 7 profiles same like yours getting rejected as its a clear indication that Student's intention are to seek entry to canada as she is a potential migrate. If you de-activate your profile, your record will already be there with High commission. You might jeopardize your EE porfile also if you try and look for alternative measures. I have contacted Colin Singer who is a very well-known Immigration lawyer in Canada and he gave the same revert.
Rest is upto you if you wish to go ahead and try...But do not trust any agent on this...

ravish02

Star Member
Feb 13, 2016
MONTY39 said:
There is no clarity on program selection as per the qualification or previous studies.
Backlogs should be clearly highlighted along with marksheets. Its too late already for SPP. SPP was closed on 31st, SPP once rejected cannot be re-applied ever. Get exact reasons for refusal instead of re-applying in haste.
Please help : :'( :-\
mine is Sep-16 intake and I got rejection already with SPP, should I go for Non-SPP for sep-16 intake? and take a 2nd chance. ??

what you suggest!!?

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
ravish02 said:
Please help : :'( :-\
mine is Sep-16 intake and I got rejection already with SPP, should I go for Non-SPP for sep-16 intake? and take a 2nd chance. ??

what you suggest!!?
Ravish,

You have excellent IELTS and academics... Upto 6 backlogs are considered okay but I have seen students with upto 22backlogs also getting Visa if they were able to convince the officer through a strong SOP. SOP should be crisp and upto the point. Writing longer SOP is a negative expression as you are trying too hard to convince the officer. The first thing what a CIC officer thinks is why Canada for XYZ course when the student has options in his own country and there are better study options like US. Secondly, your experience and previous study should match your course which you have selected. IT is a huge sector and mobile solutions is a refined parameter of it.
Your proposed studies are not reasonable in light of one or more of: Your qualifications, previous studies, missing marks cards, gap in studies employment, level of establishment, language abilities or your future prospects and plans.:

Missing cards for backlogs is also a reason.
Gap in employment: Ask yourself if you have submitted any odd documents as VFS does security check wherever required.
Level of establishment: you dont seem to be well established in your own country and you wont be any good to Canada- Again ask yourself if there are any documents wrongly submitted or did any of your employer failed to verify your identity.
Language abilities: Does not imply in your case.
Future prospects and plans: They feel that you are not going to leave Canada at the end of your course.

AS I already said, SPP cannot be re-applied and also since you have six years of work ex, you were never a SPP candidate. You will fall under General category. If you are refused under A40 or A44, then you will be prohibited from applying to Canada for next 5yrs.
Apply for CAIPS and get the exact reason for refusal. Start fresh and re-apply later as time has lapsed already. You do not want two rejections on your passport.
Scotia will only deduct 70$ for your GIC refund. So you can re-open anytime later.
All the Best...

MONTY39

Jul 28, 2016
Category........
CEC
A kind request to all the people who post advice to candidates whose Visa is refused for any reasons.
Please understand that its a big disappointment and failure in someone's career or aspirations.
Kindly, do not give any wrong advices to misguide the aspirant.
Failure of Visa is a Negative expression, hence there is no harm in being upfront and candid to the student whether he is right or did he go wrong somewhere...Its bitter to swallow the reality but at least the sufferer wont make the same mistake again...
Just because someone gets a permit and the other doesn't, it won't make someone superior and the later inferior.
Be straight forward and post your comments only if you wish to help the candidate...
Thank You...

K.PURI

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
MONTY39 said:
A kind request to all the people who post advice to candidates whose Visa is refused for any reasons.
Please understand that its a big disappointment and failure in someone's career or aspirations.
Kindly, do not give any wrong advices to misguide the aspirant.
Failure of Visa is a Negative expression, hence there is no harm in being upfront and candid to the student whether he is right or did he go wrong somewhere...Its bitter to swallow the reality but at least the sufferer wont make the same mistake again...
Just because someone gets a permit and the other doesn't, it won't make someone superior and the later inferior.
Be straight forward and post your comments only if you wish to help the candidate...
Thank You...
I myself have faced refusal and it is disheartening. Ravish this time you need to write a letter of explanation instead of SOP. It will cover your SOP. Send me your email ID on DM. I'll forward you mine. I had same refusal just the mark sheet and gap in study were missing.

K.PURI

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Also, Ravish believe it or not, it's too late for September intake. Here's a timeline - you'd need another 5-10 days to prepare your reply for the refusal and write a LOE. Then the CHC (Delhi) will take atleast 4 weeks to process it. Official time is 5 weeks but they will do it under 4 weeks. You are already at 20th September. Now, you'd need time to book accommodation, flight and pack. It will not add up.

I would suggest you to defer it and breath. I know this not how you planned things but situations change and you need to change with them. And no need to refund your GIC. It's an investment it will be there when you reach Canada. Till that time it will accumulate interest.

Give your BEST shot in explaining your reasons. Im sure you'll get it. Let me know if I can be of any help.

K.PURI

Apr 18, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
FYI - interest @ 0.0500% which is not much. But still it is something.

Gymguy

Jul 6, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
New Delhi
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
VISA ISSUED...
25-06-2016
LANDED..........
July End
MONTY39 said:
Monty Just FYI my relative got spp last year with 7+ years of experience after graduation and I know from an agent of a spp case with 12 years of experience. As long as you are working it's not considered gap. There are other factors besides this for visa approval. Cheers.