+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused visa due to IRPA 16(1)

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
What can I do after this refusal? I think the decision of the officer was because I didn't declare during interview my tattoo I got 9years ago, but upon physical exam the panel physician saw my tattoo and request for blood tests and results are negative. What to do? Should I reapply for another application?

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
What can I do after this refusal? I think the decision of the officer was because I didn't declare during interview my tattoo I got 9years ago, but upon physical exam she saw my tattoo and request for blood tests ang results are negative. What to do? Should I reapply for another application?
A single tattoo shouldn't get you a refusal. Order your GCMS notes.

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
This is the refusal I got. And the only thing I did not declare is that single tattoo I got 9years ago. What should I do? I use a representative on my application as I am outside Canada, he said he will request for application reconsideration because even I didn't declare the tattoo during the interview, it was seen by the panel physician wjen I took the pgysical exam and I got tested and results are negative. I am so worried about this refusal.

• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the
IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for submission of the following
documents: Failed to provide medicals by due date.

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
A single tattoo shouldn't get you a refusal. Order your GCMS notes.
This is the refusal I got. And the only thing I did not declare is that single tattoo I got 9years ago. What should I do? I use a representative on my application as I am outside Canada, he said he will request for application reconsideration because even I didn't declare the tattoo during the interview, it was seen by the panel physician when I took the pgysical exam and I got tested and results are negative. I am so worried about this refusal.

• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the
IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for submission of the following

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
This is the refusal I got. And the only thing I did not declare is that single tattoo I got 9years ago. What should I do? I use a representative on my application as I am outside Canada, he said he will request for application reconsideration because even I didn't declare the tattoo during the interview, it was seen by the panel physician wjen I took the pgysical exam and I got tested and results are negative. I am so worried about this refusal.

The notes you posted above explains that its not the tattoo IRCC referred, its says you did not provide the medicals within the given time period IRCC asked for.

Last edited:
Reactions: canuck78 and YVR123

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Definitely not the Tattoo. When were your Medical requested and when did you submit them. If this was done through a consultant they may have not notified you if needing the medical when they were notified or they may have missed the email. Would order GCMS notes for the full details.

Reactions: Taran D

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
The notes you posted above explains that its not the tattoo IRCC referred, its says you did not provide the medicals within the given time period IRCC asked for.
Due date of my medical is January 18. I did medical exam on January 8, results sumbitted to Ircc on January 17. Then decision letter was released on January 18 saying I failed to provide medicals by due date. My agent representative sent already request for reconsideration, do you have any idea how long Ircc responds to appeals?

angelica6290

Jan 21, 2023
Definitely not the Tattoo. When were your Medical requested and when did you submit them. If this was done through a consultant they may have not notified you if needing the medical when they were notified or they may have missed the email. Would order GCMS notes for the full details.
My medical request was last December 18, I did medical exam on Jan.8 and results are sent by the clinic to Ircc on Jan.17, refusal was released Jan.18. Is it possible that the Ircc officer reviewing my file just overlooked my file and didn't see the results?

qq111

Apr 10, 2024
May i ask if anyone knows about this refusal? Not sure because i did not provide the passport on time or not is the reason why...
• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for submission of the following documents: your passport
• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
May i ask if anyone knows about this refusal? Not sure because i did not provide the passport on time or not is the reason why...
• You have not complied with our request for information, per subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. To date, you have failed to comply with our request for submission of the following documents: your passport
• You are found inadmissible to Canada under paragraph 41(a) of the IRPA: through an act or omission which contravenes, directly or indirectly, a provision of this Act.
It sounds like they asked you for additional information which you did not provide. If you aren't sure what happened, order your GCMS notes.

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
From what you have mentioned it portrays that you were asked for passport which you fail to do...