+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFUSED TO ENTRY 6 YEARS AGO TO UK- Will that be a problem for Canada PR?

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Hello everyone!

6 years ago I was refused to entry UK. Wanted to visit UK as a tourist for 3 days with my sister, it was a surprise trip from my sister. I was refused because I failed to give all info about the trip (cause it was a surprise trip) so Imigration officer stated that I tried to decieve her. Big misunderstanding.

I was a year before that in UK, entered with no problem, and also entered UK after that several times since I worked on a cruise ship.
I didnt do anything illegal, have no criminal records in my life also.

Do you think that will be a problem for getting PR?

Should I just explain what happened in Explanation letter? I dont have that passport anymore, but have passport number from old passport. I dunno
what should I do. What are your advices? Im afraid that will affect my PR application..Im thinking not to mention it all lol ::)

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
That will have no bearing on your PR application. Just be honest about your past activities where required.

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Asivad you are an angel :)

Okie, what documents should I attach in explanation? I have scan of stamp where Im denied to entry, and scan of old passport (found on my email lol)
Or I should just explain, plain and simple, not to complicate much?

Thanks ;D

Asivad Anac

VIP Member
May 27, 2015
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Tinchy22 said:
Asivad you are an angel :)

Okie, what documents should I attach in explanation? I have scan of stamp where Im denied to entry, and scan of old passport (found on my email lol)
Or I should just explain, plain and simple, not to complicate much?

Thanks ;D
Avoid over explaining anything or adding more detail than needed - like your education thingy that we are discussing elsewhere. :)

This period might come up as part of your personal history because this might have involved travel outside your country of birth. If that is the case, just mention it there and follow any specific instructions that the system might throw up after that.

Or this might come up as a direct answer to a question of "Have you been refused entry into a country" or something on those lines. In that case, answer Yes truthfully and submit whatever documents you have if asked.

What you need to remember is that this doesn't make you ineligible for the PR program. So be truthful when asked.

Tinchy22

Jun 13, 2015
Hehe yes you are really helping me today on my every question :)

Yep, I checked YES on that question, and will just explain what happened that day, simple and easy, in Explanation letter.

I feel much happier now! hehe
THANK YOU ONCE AGAIN!

:D ;)

BEST OF LUCK TO YOU!