+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Study Permit

Jun 12, 2019
Hi my name is Jay and I'm posting this query on behalf of my wife. I'm in USA with my wife. I need help regarding visa filing. She is looking for a study permit visa. She has the acceptance letter from the university. Her visa got refused (refused date 06/07/2019) and she is planning to reapply again online.

The refusal reasons is :

* I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay, as stipulated in subsection 216(1) of the IRPR,based on your personal assets and financial status.

She has made GIC account, in addition she paid one year tution fee in full, even she showed CA certificate of my father (father-in-law), his IT return for past 3 years and my (Husband's) salary slip for past 6 months. Now we are planning to reapply again online so what should I mentioned in justification letter ?
Or whats the best options I have ?

Help will be appreciated.

Thank you.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
We need a lot more information. what are you both doing in the us? Where are you from? What is your education and work history? What course did she apply for? Plus all other relevant info.

Jun 12, 2019
We need a lot more information. what are you both doing in the us? Where are you from? What is your education and work history? What course did she apply for? Plus all other relevant info.
I'm currently working in USA on H1-B visa and my wife is on Dependent Visa of H1B that is H-4 visa.
I'm from Surat i.e. Gujarat, India. I did my Masters in Chemical Engineering from USA and currently working in the same field. She did diploma in Computer Science from Surat, Gujarat, India and she applied for hospitality and tourism management course in Canada because she had 3 years of experience in that field.
Her visa was refused last week because of above reason.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Would encourage you to order GCMS notes for more information but it is pretty clear why she was refused. People living/working/studying in a third country struggle to get approved for various visas and permits because you have to show strong ties to your home country and that you will return after your studies. Given your studies and job in the uS it is pretty clear that you are not planning on returning to India and it is well known that because of the long GC times for Indians. Indian citizens apply for Canadian PR. The next issue is the course selection. The choice of program must make sense based on previous education and work history and the course must lead to advances in her career. Not sure what her previous job was in hospitality but would the diploma lead to more career opportunities? She studied CS but then went back to school in hospitality so that doesn't make sense. There may be other issues so the GCMS would provide more information. Why not work for a while and you may qualify for express entry with you as the primary applicant.