+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused study permit after providing all necessary documents - need urgent help

mo_ben

Jul 24, 2018
I have been accepted to study in Toronto. I have provided all the necessary documents with my brother in law as my sponsor (Canadian citizen) living in Canada. My application has just been refused. Reason being the immigration officer is not satisfied that I will return to my home country after my study. The letter from immigration said that I can re-apply if I wish to do so. I don't know what documents I shall provide to convince the officer that I will return to my home country after my study. If you have any information regarding the type of documents, info that I shall provide your help is really appreciated. Thank you.

adanthony90

Jul 23, 2018
Hi there, my study permit application was refused as well. I am planning to reapply again when I enter Canada. I already have a TRV but applied for a study permit in the USA and it was refused based on ties to my home country and financial support. ( I am originally from Malaysia and I was on a work permit authorization in the US. I got an offer from Canada while I was working) . My class are to start in September and I am trying to figure out if I can reapply for this permit within canada. I'd say reapply for yours but find a way to prove that you are going home after studying.

Reactions: Ambrose9001

mo_ben

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks for your reply. As far as I know you will not be able to re-apply for the study permit within Canada. They will probably ask you to do from your home country or the country where you reside currently. In my case, someone in my case applied online for ATIP to have access to the officer's notes that have rejected my application. It's not clear what information they are looking for to prove them that I will return after my studies. I am a student who just finished university so for example I don't have any job to go back to back home. Any suggestion on what to provide as a proof that I will return back home will be appreciated. thanks

swish003

Star Member
Oct 20, 2016
Thanks for your reply. As far as I know you will not be able to re-apply for the study permit within Canada. They will probably ask you to do from your home country or the country where you reside currently. In my case, someone in my case applied online for ATIP to have access to the officer's notes that have rejected my application. It's not clear what information they are looking for to prove them that I will return after my studies. I am a student who just finished university so for example I don't have any job to go back to back home. Any suggestion on what to provide as a proof that I will return back home will be appreciated. thanks
Where did you apply from? And is that the only reason they gave for your refusal?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
Hi there, my study permit application was refused as well. I am planning to reapply again when I enter Canada. I already have a TRV but applied for a study permit in the USA and it was refused based on ties to my home country and financial support. ( I am originally from Malaysia and I was on a work permit authorization in the US. I got an offer from Canada while I was working) . My class are to start in September and I am trying to figure out if I can reapply for this permit within canada. I'd say reapply for yours but find a way to prove that you are going home after studying.
You can reapply, but I would advise not to do it when you are in Canada. Do you have the necessary finances required. What did you say in your SOP about your home ties....anything? You need to have a strong SOP that shows ties to convince them that you are going to leave Canada after your studies. Would be better to apply from your home country also. It's July now so the likelihood of you getting a visa before September are very slim.

Reactions: scylla

mo_ben

Jul 24, 2018
Thanks. Yes that is the only reason I was given. I applied from Algeria. The letter said: I am not convinced that you will return home at the end of your study period.

mo_ben

Jul 24, 2018
I did not provide any documents about my home ties. Only the documents that they asked for. What is SOP? thanks

mo_ben

Jul 24, 2018
I am not sure what documents I can provide to convince them I will return. Any suggestion please from someone that has been in this situation?

russ6970

VIP Member
Sep 14, 2017
Newfoundland
Category........
FAM
LANDED..........
31-12-2020
SOP - Statement of purpose. basically a letter stating why you want to come to Canada, list any property you own, list family that are there, if you have a job etc (in your home country). If you didn't have one . That's why you were refused. you have to convince them you are not going to come here with the intention of staying past your visa (even though most people's intentions, including mines, was to eventually get PR)

mo_ben

Jul 24, 2018
thank you for your elaboration. The school has accepted to send me a new offer letter to start in January instead of Sep which gives me more time to re-apply.

Ambrose9001

Star Member
Jun 8, 2018
SOP - Statement of purpose. basically a letter stating why you want to come to Canada, list any property you own, list family that are there, if you have a job etc (in your home country). If you didn't have one . That's why you were refused. you have to convince them you are not going to come here with the intention of staying past your visa (even though most people's intentions, including mines, was to eventually get PR)
Well said. You are so real and plain. I love that. Please a sample of sop would help. My email is: aigbeambrose@gmail.com

frightenedpanda

Sep 12, 2017
Also, try to not put your brother in law as your sponsor. I have heard of many cases in the US student visa program where if you have a family member sponsoring you, they refuse it. Best alternate to that is showing that you are yourself sponsoring your studies and have a loan from a local bank. That also shows strong ties to the country and assurance that you will come back.