+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused..Reapply?

zhey616

Star Member
May 11, 2017
hi everyone. i’m asking for a friend. Their application under common-law sponsorship was refused because of the principal applicant and their 2 kids were not declared by the sponsor. They decided not to appeal. Their question is if they will get married and apply again, will they be approve this time? Thank you in advance for your insights.

May 20, 2018
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
Mississauga
App. Filed.......
14-06-2018
AOR Received.
30-07-2018
File Transfer...
29-08-2018
Med's Request
20-08-2018
Med's Done....
05-09-2018
Passport Req..
15-10-2018
hi everyone. i’m asking for a friend. Their application under common-law sponsorship was refused because of the principal applicant and their 2 kids were not declared by the sponsor. They decided not to appeal. Their question is if they will get married and apply again, will they be approve this time? Thank you in advance for your insights.
If the sponsor did not declare his common law partner and dependents at the time he landed as PR, he will never be allowed to sponsor them.

monkeys89

Aug 24, 2018
Category........
FAM
No, they are never allowed to be sponsored under family class if the PR holder did not declare them on the initial application.

A shockingly large number of economic migrants with PR choose not to declare family members because they think it will take longer to get their PR< despite the warnings from CIC that say "if you do not declare dependents, you will never be permitted to sponsor them."

Your friend has only two options:

- The common-law spouse can migrate to Canada on their own economic merits

OR

- The PR sponsor can leave Canada, renounce PR, and apply again as a new PR applicant and hope it will be approved.

Failure to declare dependents at initial PR application means a ban on ever sponsoring them as family class. Too many people choose to do it and then complain about being refused.

Reactions: np08

Manal90

Star Member
Jan 5, 2018
No, they are never allowed to be sponsored under family class if the PR holder did not declare them on the initial application.

A shockingly large number of economic migrants with PR choose not to declare family members because they think it will take longer to get their PR< despite the warnings from CIC that say "if you do not declare dependents, you will never be permitted to sponsor them."

Your friend has only two options:

- The common-law spouse can migrate to Canada on their own economic merits

OR

- The PR sponsor can leave Canada, renounce PR, and apply again as a new PR applicant and hope it will be approved.

Failure to declare dependents at initial PR application means a ban on ever sponsoring them as family class. Too many people choose to do it and then complain about being refused.
That happened to me although i was already residing in Canada and got married during processing of my PR. it was a innocent mistake but they didn’t care; It’s extremely difficult to overcome. Thankfully we re applied and requested for exemption 2.5 yrs later he just received PPR. But I don’t understand why anyone would conceal their dependent on their apps.

Reactions: msb