+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused pr application-reapplying queries

Kk14

May 3, 2018
Hi looking for answers from experienced people from this forum

A short recap of my application. I applied for Canadian pr under express entry and my application got refused recently. I am a teacher by profession and have one year of experience. Here by one year of experience I mean one academic year experience which is 10 months. Now this is the reason my application got denied stating there should be 12 months of experience.

My ielts score is as follows:
Reading:9
Listening:9
Speaking:8
Writing:7.5
I have got my credential evaluation done recently just before applying for the first time.
My spouse has also given ielts and got band 8. Since we reside in the US we got our fbi pcc in the month of February for both of us. We also got our Indian pcc last year during november. We gave our medical test in november too. I am rejoining work next month and will be gaining the 2 months experience I am lacking by July end in order to reapply. With my 12 months of work experience my crs score is 446. I suppose to get into the pool in august 2018 and wait for the invitation hoping to get it by september.

So here are my queries:
1) Will cic accept if I get a work reference letter from my employer immediately after I complete my 2 months or should I work for at least 6 months and then ask for work reference letter and and add it along with my previous 10 months experience to reapply?

2) How long is our medicals valid? We took it november 2017 and say I reapply in august again, will it be considered valid?

3) How long will Indian pcc be valid, we got that around the same time as our medical results.

4) Same question on validity with fbi pcc too, we got that in February 2018.

5) Do I have to apply with the same account I had already created where i got the refusal letter or should I go for a new one by creating a new gc key? If I have to stick with my old one how do I add thus new application?

6) My spouse's ielts will be expiring in October 2018. So if we reapply in September(just a positive thought that we will get an invitation by then) should my spouse retake the test?

7) Should I ditch all the fbi indian pccs medicals and get a new one and also ask my spouse to retake ielts?

8) Regarding proof of funds, my spouse and myself have a joint account and we have sufficient funds to apply. Until last year the account was in my spouse's name and my name was added to the account because we are applying for pr. Will that be a problem? We both have equal rights on the account.

Please help me with answers as I am so devastated that my application got refused. Looking for some positive hope which I am very badly in need of. Thanks a lot in advance.

P.S: My refusal letter doesn't say that I shouldn't apply again. It says if I wish to apply again I should try to increase my score by better ielts score or other credentials.

Last edited:

hp73901

Feb 19, 2018
Mumbai
1) Should not be a problem, after you complete 2 months. You can definitely ask.

2) Valid for 1 year

3) Valid for 6 months

4) Not sure about FBI but it could be same - 6 months

5) Create a new profile in same account.

6) You need to get ITA before IELTS score expires. Score gets locked once ITA is received.

7)If you can get work experience letter and submit in 1st week of September and your CRS is 446, you will get ITA no need for IELTS. You will require PCC and Medicals validly, so you will need to get fresh but wait till ITA.

8) Completely fine.

Hope it helps

Kk14

May 3, 2018
1) Should not be a problem, after you complete 2 months. You can definitely ask.

2) Valid for 1 year

3) Valid for 6 months

4) Not sure about FBI but it could be same - 6 months

5) Create a new profile in same account.

6) You need to get ITA before IELTS score expires. Score gets locked once ITA is received.

7)If you can get work experience letter and submit in 1st week of September and your CRS is 446, you will get ITA no need for IELTS. You will require PCC and Medicals validly, so you will need to get fresh but wait till ITA.

8) Completely fine.

Hope it helps
Thanks a ton. Just another clarification, should work experience under fsw be continuous? Just read some cec posts where they were asked for one year full time continuous experience.

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Some corrections:
1. Your CRS score is not locked on the day of ITA. The only exception is aging (your age will be taken same for what it was on the date of ITA).
2. If anything else will expire before you get your AOR (which is the moment of the score lock), and you do not have overlapping replacement (for example new IELTS before the old ones expires), you will be rejected again.
3. you need to have at least 12 months continuous work experience in your primary NOC (so if for example your school is smart and kicks you out for July and August, you will not get it).
4. But it does not have to be from the same employer, just in the same NOC. (so you can teach as a private teacher during the summer and then return back in September).
5. Once you have that first year of work experience in one NOC, it can look like a Swiss cheese (of course in the same NOC and within last 10 years, counted at the moment of AOR).
6. And if you want to combine different NOC, you can but you need to lock that 1 year in them.

Good luck

Kk14

May 3, 2018
Some corrections:
1. Your CRS score is not locked on the day of ITA. The only exception is aging (your age will be taken same for what it was on the date of ITA).
2. If anything else will expire before you get your AOR (which is the moment of the score lock), and you do not have overlapping replacement (for example new IELTS before the old ones expires), you will be rejected again.
3. you need to have at least 12 months continuous work experience in your primary NOC (so if for example your school is smart and kicks you out for July and August, you will not get it).
4. But it does not have to be from the same employer, just in the same NOC. (so you can teach as a private teacher during the summer and then return back in September).
5. Once you have that first year of work experience in one NOC, it can look like a Swiss cheese (of course in the same NOC and within last 10 years, counted at the moment of AOR).
6. And if you want to combine different NOC, you can but you need to lock that 1 year in them.

Good luck
Hi @vensak thanks for your reply.
I used to work as a teacher from June 2010 to April 2011. And after a long break I am rejoining work in june 2018 and hopefully will work until the school year ends i.e upto April 2019. So can I not apply for pr at all as it is not 12 months work experience? Should I work until June 2019 to add it to my work experience? That's going to be a long wait :(

vensak

VIP Member
Jul 14, 2016
Category........
Visa Office......
Vienna
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
here is the good news. your work experience does not have to be related to your studies. However if it is regulated you need to have proper licencing or diploma (for example you could work as a restaurant managers and take that as your work experience).
And yes the first 12 consecutive months are must to get into EE as such. They do not care if you have worked more than 30 hours a week. What count is a full year and a min. 30 hours. Or you could work as a part time, but then you need to have longer period (for example 2 years with 15 hours part time).

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
Hi @vensak thanks for your reply.
I used to work as a teacher from June 2010 to April 2011. And after a long break I am rejoining work in june 2018 and hopefully will work until the school year ends i.e upto April 2019. So can I not apply for pr at all as it is not 12 months work experience? Should I work until June 2019 to add it to my work experience? That's going to be a long wait :(
Your primary NOC must be one year continuous. So if you say you had 10 months work experience before, and work again for another 2 months to complete a 12-months experience, then it will not be counted as one year (for the purpose of FSW Eligibility). Not sure what date did you enter in your work history as you were able to submit your eAPR.

deep143

Star Member
Dec 18, 2017
Hello Everyone!
What a pleasant morning it is. Just recieved my IELTS score and got 8877 in LRSW, which takes my CRS to 480. Surely I will be getting ITA on next Wednesday.

I have a query -
my spouse is a canadian citizen but We are not in talking terms for more than a year now. Also, she had previously withdrew spouse sponsership application where she was sponser and I was sponsered person.

What documents do I need to submit for my spouse? I'm sure she won't provide any help or information. Rather she would make all efforts to make things difficult for me.

Also, would previous withdraw of spouse sponsership application make any negative impact on my PR file now??

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.

iamxty

Champion Member
Mar 13, 2017
Singapore
Category........
PNP
NOC Code......
App. Filed.......
09-07-2017
Nomination.....
01-08-2017
AOR Received.
07-09-2017
File Transfer...
04-11-2017
Passport Req..
08-03-2018
No teacher in the world will have one year continuous employment
I am not a teacher but I got a lot of friends who are teachers in all levels and they work all year round. They don’t go to work everyday during school holidays but they do go on some days of the week either for some admin work, or some are doing summer (holiday) classes.

Immediately after getting the remaining 2 months experience? Should fsw work experience be continuous full time for one year?
Not necessarily full time. You can work part-time but it should be equivalent to one year full-time, i.e. at least 15hrs/week for 24 months.

Maverick28

VIP Member
Feb 5, 2017
Canada
Hello Everyone!
What a pleasant morning it is. Just recieved my IELTS score and got 8877 in LRSW, which takes my CRS to 480. Surely I will be getting ITA on next Wednesday.

I have a query -
my spouse is a canadian citizen but We are not in talking terms for more than a year now. Also, she had previously withdrew spouse sponsership application where she was sponser and I was sponsered person.

What documents do I need to submit for my spouse? I'm sure she won't provide any help or information. Rather she would make all efforts to make things difficult for me.

Also, would previous withdraw of spouse sponsership application make any negative impact on my PR file now??

Kindly advice. Thanks in advance.
Why not create a new thread with your query instead of hijacking someone else's thread?

Kk14

May 3, 2018
Your primary NOC must be one year continuous. So if you say you had 10 months work experience before, and work again for another 2 months to complete a 12-months experience, then it will not be counted as one year (for the purpose of FSW Eligibility). Not sure what date did you enter in your work history as you were able to submit your eAPR.
Okie thanks for your reply. I attached a loe along with my previous application stating that since I worked as a teacher for one academic year I could create a profile only if I add 12 months of experience while I have only 10 months of experience. I thought it would be considered different for teachers as the school system works that way.

Bella00

Nov 11, 2020
Okie thanks for your reply. I attached a loe along with my previous application stating that since I worked as a teacher for one academic year I could create a profile only if I add 12 months of experience while I have only 10 months of experience. I thought it would be considered different for teachers as the school system works that way.
Hi can you please clarify if you got through your process?
I am stuck in a similar situation. Need your advice.