+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused Inland

J

jdwhite21

My husband and I got the worst news today and I hope that none of you ever have to go through it, it is just, I can't describe it. I honestly don't know how the government can decide that people's marriage is one of convenience, this being the case how do we prove to them that it is not? Okay getting ahead here, so we received our letter of refusal today in the mail, today being October 4, and we are required to have proof of my husband's ticket home by the 8th. This being next to impossible for us as we have $2.44 in our bank account, so we will have to borrow money for that. Not only that but I don't know how the government can expect me to all of a sudden find a babysitter starting almost immediately for our 2 yr old.. as my husband cares for her. We have one 2 yr old and I am pregnant again, what more proof does the government want? but does anyone have any suggestions of what we can do?
Can we appeal inland?
If we apply outland what are the actual chances of being approved?
If my husband goes home am I ever going to see him again?

Thanks for any input I may receive..
God bless and good luck to everyone else.
Jess and Jose.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
iam deeply sorry my dears, i think he can go back and apply again via outland or apply inside under humanitarian ground.and sorry why were you refused?did they give you any reason?maybe that way we can help after knowing the reason for refusal,take care my dear dont stress urself though its hard

Perfect

Star Member
Mar 22, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Pretoria
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
August 11, 2010
Doc's Request.
October 5, 2010
AOR Received.
October 5, 2010
File Transfer...
September 10, 2010
Med's Done....
February 20, 2010
...I have no advice but im deeply sad to hear this. I hope theres a way.. :(

Cdagal

Jul 23, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Sao Paulo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
05-07-2010
AOR Received.
24-08-2010
File Transfer...
09-08-2010
Med's Done....
23-04-2010
Interview........
11-11-2010
Passport Req..
11-11-2010
VISA ISSUED...
28-02-2011
LANDED..........
02-03-2011
My heart is breaking for you, I know you must be having a very difficult time. You are pregnant, though, so try not to stress yourself too much :) You do have some options...please give a little more information about your background and the reason for your refusal and we will try our best to help. With god all things are possible, my husband always says.

Lori

J

jdwhite21

all our letter said was there has been insufficient evidence. which to me is crap but I mean what do I know.

mimi23

Star Member
Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
SO THEY ONLY SAY LUCK OF EVIDENCE? WHAT DID YOU INCLUDE AS UR EVIDENCE.
THEN WE WILL TELL WHAT TO ADD THEN YOU CAN SEND AGAIN AS SOON AS POSSIBLE OUTLAND WHERE IS HUBBY'S COMING FROM.UM VERY SORRY TRY TO EXPLAIN NICELY WHAT WRITTEN IN THAT DAMN LETTER DNT STRESS URSELF.THEY DIDNT CALL YOU FOR THE INTERVIEW?

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
1st contact your mp, second get some free advice via a consultation with a lawyer. If you want a contact you can use the lawyers who provide this site, or I would be happy to give the details of the lawyer who handled my case. Order your foss notes. Was your spouse interviewed, if not you may have legal grounds to do something as you were not given procedural fairness? It's either that or reapply H n C stream or re apply Outland. Either way it will be tough. It is important you order your FOSS tho so u can try to figure out why the officer is questioning the validity of the relationship.

addntox

Star Member
Apr 23, 2010
To answer the other poster. It is important you order your FOSS notes to see they believe it is not a genuine marriage. If you don't and don't submit any NEW evidence to dispute this it will be rejected again.

R

robrod

I'm deeply sad to hear these news, jdwhite21.. Stay strong on whatever next step the 2 of you decide to take.
Good luck everyone else!.

boasorte

Aug 3, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
CIC Halifax
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I AM SORRY TO HEAR THAT.
It makes me scared because it's hard to understand how those CIC people think.

*Only LACK OF EVIDENCE as a reason for refusing an application? That's absurd!!

Tell us more about the back-ground of your Application.

Were you even called for an interview?
Did you get married in a Ceremony with family and friends? Did you include lots of pictures of different occasions?
Letters of support?

For them to refuse an Application for lack of evidence the Application has to be really poorly done. I think!

:(

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
Contact a Immigration Consultant or Lawyer. Its your best chance. I think these forums are great but if it were me..i would be looking proffessional advice now. They may be able to help you make payment arrangments. Do you live in Ontario?

Maybe try Roy Kellogg in Toronto. We had a friend who used him for a really messed up case and they got through just fine. He does spousal application, but is supposedly known for helping people in difficult cases and that kinda thing.

(416) 292-7295
Canvisa@cvimmigration.com

I found this contact info on his website www.cvimmigration.com we are hanging on to the info just in case. (Hope we won't need to use it)

Best of luck to you!

justina

Star Member
Jun 5, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-09-2009
File Transfer...
03-2010 to local office
LANDED..........
12-08-2011
jd i am so sorry!!

you live near me i think, i can PM you our lawyer's info. We have only seen her once, to go over our application before we submitted to ensure we had everything. She was recommended to us by someone who knows her as a good immigration lawyer. Biggest problem, she is not cheap. However, we got the bill 6 months after we saw her! We expect we will need her more in the future, as we are still in limbo-land....

Is there anyway to reapply on H and C grounds and stay? I know us inlanders have few options if they turn us down,

fenna1

Star Member
Jun 6, 2010
Category........
Visa Office......
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
23-08-2010
File Transfer...
23-09-2010
Med's Done....
20-08-2010
Passport Req..
16-11-2010
LANDED..........
10-01-2011
How can they turn you down applying inland and living together and married?

CharlieD10

VIP Member
Sep 5, 2010
Northern Ontario
Category........
Visa Office......
KGN
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
15-02-2011
File Transfer...
09-05-2011
Med's Done....
17-01-2011, 08-03-2012
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
30-3-2012
VISA ISSUED...
13-04-2012
LANDED..........
06-06-2012
I am so sorry to hear of your situation! I am all new to this process, I can only say that I think now would be the time to get a lawyer to assist with your case...

Janadian

Jun 14, 2010
Canada
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
Jan 18 2010
File Transfer...
02-11-2010
Med's Request
Oct 2011 -2nd Medical request
Med's Done....
October 2009
Interview........
11-01-2011
I am very sorry that this has happened to you. Please make sure to look assitance.

Does your letter specify what they felt was insufficiant proof? Could you give details as to what you did send maybe?