+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused application with expired PCC

lotus_abbey

Star Member
Apr 22, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Can anyone enlighten me about the new rule of CIC when it comes to PCC validity? Does CIC rejects EE applications with PCC more than 3 months old? CIC asked me for lRCMP as additional document but never ask for new PCC from other countries of residence. I heard that one EE applicant received a refusal letter for having a 4 month old PCC. CIC didn't ask them to provide a new one but just sent them a refusal letter instead.
I'm getting worried now

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi,

The page shows that the rules were updates on 23rd April.
I am worrying now. I created my EE on 1st Feb. So, when I submitted my application on 29th March, I used a PCC which was obtained on 2nd Dec.
Should I apply for a new PCC and send them using a case specific inquiry?

rashu268

May 9, 2014
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
lotus_abbey said:
Can anyone enlighten me about the new rule of CIC when it comes to PCC validity? Does CIC rejects EE applications with PCC more than 3 months old? CIC asked me for lRCMP as additional document but never ask for new PCC from other countries of residence. I heard that one EE applicant received a refusal letter for having a 4 month old PCC. CIC didn't ask them to provide a new one but just sent them a refusal letter instead.
I'm getting worried now
I have a question. Do they count the time from the day you payed the money, or the day you filed your EOI?
In the letter I got the date of submission shows EOI date. If this the case then I am safe since I filed my EOI on 1st Feb