+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refused,annoyed& mixture of emotions

Zeaman

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
Anyways i sadly got refused and its a really tough pill to swallow I've already ordered the notes and would really like the senior members here to help me out and anyone in general ,all of your help is kindly appreciated.
Here's my profile
Applied from Ethiopia
Transfer student got in my second year when i applied
I applied to university of Regina
Got a conditional acceptance letter cause my writing was 2 points below there minimum took tofel ,i applied for the science department btw,and I'm also 20 years old i have no gap in my education
Reasons for refusal
Purpose of visit
Current employment situation(even though im still in school)
financial assets( showed my parents back statement tuition is 20000 cad i showed 45000cad
Family ties in canada( i have no relatives there i even mentioned it in my original sop)
No travel history

Last edited:

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Anyways i sadly got refused and its a really though pill to swallow ive already ordered the notes and would really like the senior members here to help me out and anyone in general ,all of your help is kindly appreciated.
Heres my profile
Applied from ethiopia
Transfer student got in my second year when i applied
I applied to university of regina
Got a conditional acceptance letter cause my writing was 2 points below there minimum ,i applied for the science department btw,and im also 20 years old i have no gap in my education
Reasons for refusal
Purpose of visit
Current employment situation(even though im still in school)
financial assets( showed my parents back statement tuition is 20000 cad i showed 45000cad
Family ties in canada( i have no relatives there i even mentioned it in my original sop)
No travel history
- What was your IELTS score?
- What were your previous marks?
- Get a non-conditional offer. Conditional offers are problematic.
- Your parents should show a higher bank balance or proof of income. IRCC is concerned how they will fund the three years of your tuition and living expenses.

I would definitely order your GCMS notes to get more insights.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
A few things:
- How will transferring to U of R advance your education and career in your home country? You are taking a science program now so how will spending $90k+ give you a better job in your home country. Will you make that much more over your current program to justify the cost.
- Did you pay second year tuition? If tuition is $20k per year for three years, then how will you afford that not including $10K per year in living expenses. Working part time will not cover it.
- Get a unconditional offer
- Improve IELTs

Order GCMS notes.

Zeaman

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
- Your parents should show a higher bank balance or proof of income. IRCC is concerned how they will fund the three years of your tuition and living expenses.

I didnt take ielts i took tofel my score is
A few things:
- How will transferring to U of R advance your education and career in your home country? You are taking a science program now so how will spending $90k+ give you a better job in your home country. Will you make that much more over your current program to justify the cost.
- Did you pay second year tuition? If tuition is $20k per year for three years, then how will you afford that not including $10K per year in living expenses. Working part time will not cover it.
- Get a conditional offer
- Improve IELTs

Order GCMS notes.
Thanks,i didnt take ielts i took tofel my tofel score is 91 and there minimum was 83 its just that my writing was 17 and there minimum was 18,

I didnt take ielts i took tofel i got a 91(overall score) its just that my writing was a 17 and there minimum was an 18 that's why they gave me conditional acceptance there minimum tofel was 83(overall score) when i applied

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010

Thanks,i didnt take ielts i took tofel my tofel score is 91 and there minimum was 83 its just that my writing was 17 and there minimum was 18,

I didnt take ielts i took tofel i got a 91(overall score) its just that my writing was a 17 and there minimum was an 18 that's why they gave me conditional acceptance there minimum tofel was 83(overall score) when i applied
Retake the test and get a higher score so that you can secure a non-conditional offer. If possible, it would be better to take IELTS.

Zeaman

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021

As in back in highschool or now? when i applied to regina and told them i wasa transfer student they asked to see my uni transcripts instead of the highschool ones my overall gpa was 3.7

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
So i shouldnt retake tofel,and just go for ielts instead?
IELTS is better. IRCC prefers to see IELTS results in a study permit application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020

91 is intermediate. Take IELTS, improve funds and state why you need to come to U of R to continue program (career, jobs etc.).

Zeaman

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
A few things:
- Get a unconditional offer
- Improve IELTs

Order GCMS notes.
Well in my home country private universities have very terrible reputations the government here automatically assigns you universities once you pass the national 12th grade exams,i got assigned one but i couldn't go due to security situations so i had to opt for a private uni,any ways i just want to go get a masters degree here but i cant cause the school I'm going to has a low reputation,and Canadian degrees are seen as extremely valuable here and might lead .e to get acceptance to a good government school back home which i most probably cant now

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
How much should i show? i thought it was just first year tuitions plus 10k
That's what you need to show at a minimum.

However more is better, especially if you are completing a multi-year undergraduate program. IRCC can sometimes have concerns that your parents will be able to fund your tuition and living expenses year after year. So see if you can either show more funds and/or show your parents' income to address this issue.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
How much should i show? i thought it was just first year tuitions plus 10k
So you have paid your tuition for first year but how are you going to pay for the other two or three years plus living expenses. What you are stating is the minimum but VOs want to see that you can afford your studies without working. You don’t have near enough funds.

So in your SOP, you need to state that your Canadian degree will be highly valuable and you will make much more money in your home country. Again you have to justify the $90k+ cost.

Zeaman

Star Member
Sep 10, 2021
That's what you need to show at a minimum.

However more is better, especially if you are completing a multi-year undergraduate program. IRCC can sometimes have concerns that your parents will be able to fund your tuition and living expenses year after year. So see if you can either show more funds and/or show your parents' income to address this issue.
I saw in one thread where someone asked if they can show there parents property idk if it helps in my situation but is it relevant to show?