Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
I have a question for the general public. I have a friend applying to sponsor her husband from the middle-east. He lived in a few countries over there because of his job. Now when he left one of those countries he had some unpaid speeding tickets he wasn't aware of. When he tried applying to get the police certificate from that particular country, they denied giving it to him. My friend sent the police reports from the other countries along with the receipt of the payment she made to get the police certificate they didn't issue. Could that be a reason for rejection of their file? As far as I know , unpaid speeding tickets is not a criminal offense.....?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I think there's definitely a possibility of refusal since the police certificates are mandatory. How big a possibility I have no idea. Unpaid speeding tickets aren't grounds for refusal. However CIC needs to verify the applicant doesn't have anything else on his record in that country.

Why don't they arrange to pay the outstanding speeding tickets so that the police certificate can be issued? That's what I would do in their shoes.

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
scylla said:
I think there's definitely a possibility of refusal since the police certificates are mandatory. How big a possibility I have no idea. Unpaid speeding tickets aren't grounds for refusal. However CIC needs to verify the applicant doesn't have anything else on his record in that country.

Why don't they arrange to pay the outstanding speeding tickets so that the police certificate can be issued? That's what I would do in their shoes.
well the problem is he no longer resides in that country. he went to their embassy to ask how much is outstanding for him to pay but they won't tell him!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
nagz2207 said:
well the problem is he no longer resides in that country. he went to their embassy to ask how much is outstanding for him to pay but they won't tell him!
Has he tried appointing a representative in that country (someone he knows or possibly a lawyer he hires) to act on his behalf to find out how much he owes and arrange payment? Have they contacted the Canadian consulate/embassy in that country or region for assistance? I think it's in their best interest to try to do everything they can to try to resolve this issue in case CIC demands the PC. They should also retain proof to show what they have done to try to resolve this issue.

We were unable to include one PC in my husband's application. It was for a Middle East country that he lived in for a year and a half over 20 years ago. The reason why we weren't able to obtain one was because the country was at war after my husband left and all of the police stations (along with the records) in the city he lived in were destroyed. We contacted many different consulates and embassies for help and did everything we thought was humanly possible to obtain some kind of paperwork confirming my husband had no record there. Everything failed. So as part of his PR application, we included a detailed letter explaining everything we had done to try to obtain the PC and providing our emails and the negative responses as evidence. My husband's file was processed without any delays. So my advice to anyone in a similar situation is: try several different avenues to resolve the issue, document what you did in a letter and include evidence to support what you've said when you submit your application. It worked for us. There was someone else on this board a while back who was unable to obtain a PC from a Middle East country but didn't submit much in the way of an explanation or proof in their application. CIC got back to them and told them they needed the PC. We never received such a letter so I can only assume the letter/evidence we included worked - or we had a very lazy officer processing our file.

Hope this helps! Good luck to your friend. I was incredibly stressed out by the fact that we were missing a PC in my husband's application and I really sympathize with them!

nagz2207

Champion Member
Dec 14, 2010
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
2010-10-12
Doc's Request.
2011-01-22
AOR Received.
2010-11-09
File Transfer...
2011-11-22
Med's Request
2011-09-30
Med's Done....
2010-08
Interview........
none
Passport Req..
2011-10-13
VISA ISSUED...
2011-10-18
scylla said:
Has he tried appointing a representative in that country (someone he knows or possibly a lawyer he hires) to act on his behalf to find out how much he owes and arrange payment? Have they contacted the Canadian consulate/embassy in that country or region for assistance? I think it's in their best interest to try to do everything they can to try to resolve this issue in case CIC demands the PC. They should also retain proof to show what they have done to try to resolve this issue.

We were unable to include one PC in my husband's application. It was for a Middle East country that he lived in for a year and a half over 20 years ago. The reason why we weren't able to obtain one was because the country was at war after my husband left and all of the police stations (along with the records) in the city he lived in were destroyed. We contacted many different consulates and embassies for help and did everything we thought was humanly possible to obtain some kind of paperwork confirming my husband had no record there. Everything failed. So as part of his PR application, we included a detailed letter explaining everything we had done to try to obtain the PC and providing our emails and the negative responses as evidence. My husband's file was processed without any delays. So my advice to anyone in a similar situation is: try several different avenues to resolve the issue, document what you did in a letter and include evidence to support what you've said when you submit your application. It worked for us. There was someone else on this board a while back who was unable to obtain a PC from a Middle East country but didn't submit much in the way of an explanation or proof in their application. CIC got back to them and told them they needed the PC. We never received such a letter so I can only assume the letter/evidence we included worked - or we had a very lazy officer processing our file.

Hope this helps! Good luck to your friend. I was incredibly stressed out by the fact that we were missing a PC in my husband's application and I really sympathize with them!
thanks a lot for your help , i really appreciate it

Tina85

Aug 23, 2011
Category........
Visa Office......
Beirut/Damascus
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
21-Sept-2011
File Transfer...
Nov 24, 2011
Hey guys!

I am in the same boat! My husband was unable to get one PC from a middle east country where he was studying in, since there was a recent WAR outbreak there and everything was closed etc...they told him its impossible...he did get one from his country of citizenship though. and we just attached an explanation letter explaining the situation, but we don't have any emails/ letters from authorities because there was noone to help us....I am so scared but I am sending in the application today so,.....now im nervous :( what if they refuse the application...or would they just send a letter???

zaid546

Sep 18, 2011
i found this website maybe it can help you. i am also helping a friend in finding a solution on how to obtain a police clearance since she left the country where she was employed due to recession and she hasnt able to to pay back her outstanding debts :(

www(dot).helplinegroups(dot).com(slash)/Police_Clearance_Certificate_(PCC).html (links cant be posted)