FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Hi all
How to give strong proof, when we working in a family owned company? Because in my first refusal I got a reason " BASED ON YOUR CURRENT EMPLOYMENT SITUATION" in second refusal, I didnt got this reason. I am planning to apply soon my 3rd application. But I am scared that. I will get the same reason again. Because in recent refusals so many ppl recieved this refusal reason. Please tell me How to overcome from this, when we work in a family owned company ( my brother is the managing director and one one of his business partner) please suggest

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
What were your reasons for refusal the second time? You can get the same reason again if refused again. Can’t comment because don’t know profile.

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
I got purpose of your visit and course irralavancy. Done Advanced diploma in Hospitality management, and Applied for Bachelor in Tourism management. 31 years old.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I got purpose of your visit and course irralavancy. Done Advanced diploma in Hospitality management, and Applied for Bachelor in Tourism management. 31 years old.
So how will taking a bachelor in tourism management help your career after spending tens of thousands of dollars. Assume your family business is in tourism if not, what does your family business have to do with the program.

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
We have restaurants, future paln is to open Eco friendly resort. But after the refusal I have al hanged my course to Post Graduate diploma in Hospitality management. Because of my agent's poore guidance I have applied for Bahcleors of Tourism management.

Shal666

May 26, 2021
Hi, applied for trv and written authorization for extended family (partner/girlfrd). Phac was approved but trv was rejected and no update about written authorization. Any reason for no update about written authorization? Applied through an agent. Thank you @Naturgrl @scylla

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
We have restaurants, future paln is to open Eco friendly resort. But after the refusal I have al hanged my course to Post Graduate diploma in Hospitality management. Because of my agent's poore guidance I have applied for Bahcleors of Tourism management.
What is your new program?

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
Yes I couldn't complete my bachelor degree along with my Advanced diploma in 2017 because my Father diagnosed with cancer. So I was there with him in his treatment like chemo and all. After that with this pandemic I felt I shouldn't waste this chance, so decided to do the degree.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Yes I couldn't complete my bachelor degree along with my Advanced diploma in 2017 because my Father diagnosed with cancer. So I was there with him in his treatment like chemo and all. After that with this pandemic I felt I shouldn't waste this chance, so decided to do the degree.
So you are applying for a third time. What did your GCMS notes state for the second refusal.

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
I have received only 1 gcms note, in that note they have mentioned that my 12th marks is average, I already have experience and Academic qualification in Tourism and hospitality. Also my mom can't bear the expenses when we have already 7 members in my family. And my study plan is not good.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
I have received only 1 gcms note, in that note they have mentioned that my 12th marks is average, I already have experience and Academic qualification in Tourism and hospitality. Also my mom can't bear the expenses when we have already 7 members in my family. And my study plan is not good.
So you don’t know why you were refused the second time? How old are you? Assume you have paid first year tuition and show minimum amount. How will you pay for your education?

FSumayah

Nov 16, 2018
Sri Lanka
Category........
STUDY
Visa Office......
Colombo, Sri Lanka
No, this year I am 32 years old. Last time I have paid 1 semester fees and showed them my mother's income with some bank balance and a FD of my mother.

This time I made FD worth around 32000 CAD and will pay my second semester fees as well. So it will cover 1 year fees. Because I don't have SDS option. Last time my mother was my sponsor this time I am self sponsoring myself. With my savings and gifted money from our family business. Yes this will be my application.

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
No, this year I am 32 years old. Last time I have paid 1 semester fees and showed them my mother's income with some bank balance and a FD of my mother.

This time I made FD worth around 32000 CAD and will pay my second semester fees as well. So it will cover 1 year fees. Because I don't have SDS option. Last time my mother was my sponsor this time I am self sponsoring myself. With my savings and gifted money from our family business. Yes this will be my application.
You need a strong SOP to justify why you need to come to Canada and spend tens of thousands of dollars on a degree. VOs will wonder if it makes sense since you work for a family business.