+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal PR - non recognized institution

Phanwalai

Aug 8, 2019
hi everyone,
Today i received the refusal letter from CIC on my PR application. Reason is they do not satisfied with my school.

I note; you attended Fairleigh Dickinson University, this University is an Authorized University; however, to be eligible for the points under the CEC APR stream the institution MUST be Recognized.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.”

I did Master degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University, which is a designated school in Canada. All my friends were able to use point from this school. As far as i concerned, im so far the only one who got rejected by using this university to support my application.

Does anyone have any idea what to do?
Am i able to appeal this ?

Thank you very much!!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
hi everyone,
Today i received the refusal letter from CIC on my PR application. Reason is they do not satisfied with my school.

I note; you attended Fairleigh Dickinson University, this University is an Authorized University; however, to be eligible for the points under the CEC APR stream the institution MUST be Recognized.
This change in your qualifications resulted in a loss of points that brought your rank below the lowest ranking person who was invited to apply in your round of invitation, under the Express Entry Comprehensive Ranking System.”

I did Master degree from Fairleigh Dickinson University, which is a designated school in Canada. All my friends were able to use point from this school. As far as i concerned, im so far the only one who got rejected by using this university to support my application.

Thank you very much!!
Only certain Masters programs from Fairleigh Dickinson University are recognized by IRCC for the purposes of a PGWP. This may be the same criteria they are applying to PR applications. Which Masters did you take?

Phanwalai

Aug 8, 2019
Only certain Masters programs from Fairleigh Dickinson University are recognized by IRCC for the purposes of a PGWP. This may be the same criteria they are applying to PR applications. Which Masters did you take?
Hi Scylla,
Thank you for your reply.
I took Master of Administrative Science And i was able to get 3 years post graduated work permit. Do you have any idea how i can appeal this matter?

Thank you

Swapnilvolgo

Jan 18, 2019
hi Phanwalai
same case with me. I did masters in global health administration from FDU and got pr refusal. what did you do about it... how did you proceed...

Swapnilvolgo

Jan 18, 2019
hi everyone,

Thank you very much!!
can we get in touch... same case with me