+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of TRV not answer Truthfully

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
I apply for a Temporary Visitor visa online in November, 2018. I check online today and found out that my application was refused stating that "I am not satisfied that you have answer all the question asked truthfully especially 2(B) of IMM 5257 form."

There was an omission by my brother who assisted me in filling the form. I was refused a visitor visa once at the US consulate in Nigeria.What do you think I can do? Thank you.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
I apply for a Temporary Visitor visa online in November, 2018. I check online today and found out that my application was refused stating that "I am not satisfied that you have answer all the question asked truthfully especially 2(B) of IMM 5257 form."

There was an omission by my brother who assisted me in filling the form. I was refused a visitor visa once at the US consulate in Nigeria.What do you think I can do? Thank you.
You need to wait for your TRV refusal letter. You would want to check whether or not you have been banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. The US and Canada share immigration data.

If you have not been banned then your only option is to reapply from scratch

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
You need to wait for your TRV refusal letter. You would want to check whether or not you have been banned for 5 years for misrepresentation. The US and Canada share immigration data.

If you have not been banned then your only option is to reapply from scratch

Thank you Bryana,
I have received the refusal letter. It never states that I was banned. Do I need a petition letter from a lawyer to support this omission? Here is the excerpt from the letter. Thank you:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: Your answer to question 2(b) of the background information section of form IMM-5257.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.

Bryanna

VIP Member
Sep 8, 2014
Thank you Bryana,
I have received the refusal letter. It never states that I was banned. Do I need a petition letter from a lawyer to support this omission? Here is the excerpt from the letter. Thank you:

Thank you for your interest in visiting Canada. After careful review of your temporary resident visa application and supporting documentation, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:

• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: Your answer to question 2(b) of the background information section of form IMM-5257.
You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirements. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee.
If you did not receive a Procedural Fairness letter + the refusal letter does not state you have been banned then consider yourself really lucky.

No, a lawyer cannot fix this omission. You cannot prove that you had no intention to not be untruthful. You application did not state the previous US visa refusal. The visa officer has correctly refused you.

Your only way forward is to reapply for a TRV from scratch

Reactions: babsizkil

babsizkil

Dec 18, 2016
If you did not receive a Procedural Fairness letter + the refusal letter does not state you have been banned then consider yourself really lucky.

No, a lawyer cannot fix this omission. You cannot prove that you had no intention to not be untruthful. You application did not state the previous US visa refusal. The visa officer has correctly refused you.

Your only way forward is to reapply for a TRV from scratch
Thank you Bryanna,
Your reply was immensely helpful. I will do that, however, for the new application is there anything I need to do to boost my chances of the TRV?