+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of study permit - PLEASE HELP ME !

c_a_n_a_d_a

Sep 25, 2016
I need help from seniors here, or people who have had the same conditions, reapplied, and got the visa. :) :)

My study permit application was refused for two reasons: ??? ???

1. “You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: travel history, immigration status in country of residence, family ties in Canada and in country of residence”.

2. Other reasons: Study Plan. Full reason why want to study this program in Canada not the natural progression.

I have a bachelor degree in agricultural sciences from Egypt in 2000. I never work in agriculture field. I have 14 years’ experience in document management/IT field. I am working in Qatar since 2009. I got an acceptance letter from Seneca College at North York-Canada, as I am planning to study a diploma in computer networking and technical support (2 years). My family (wife and three children) will accompany me during my studies which they got rejection letters as well. I applied online for the visas on 17 July, gave the biometrics on 18 July, passed the medical on 2 August, and finally got the rejection letters on 18 August, 2016.

Note: I have applied for below visas for my family while submitting my application:
- Student Visa for my children above five years old.
- Visit Visa for my child below five years old.
- Open Work Permit for my wife.

In my application I attached a lot of information regarding the funds available for my stay including bank statements which show more than what I need to study and leave with my family in Canada, house owned in Egypt, timeshare unit owned in Saudi Arabia, salary certificate and recent pay slip from my current employer, receipt from Seneca College tuition payment for the first term (7,188 CAD). Also, I attached copies of Qatar IDs, police clearance certificates issued from both Qatar and Egypt. E-Ticket receipt have been included for my wife as a proof that she will leave Canada, as per the requirement to obtain an open work permit.

I don't understand most of the reasons he points out: :eek: :eek:

a) Travel history

- Saudi Arabia: Studied from September-1986 to July-1991 (RP under my father’s sponsorship) and several visits to my father during 1993-1998 (RP under my father’s sponsorship). Also, many visits during April & July-2011, April & Oct-2012, April-2014 & April-2015 (Omrah - Visit visa).
- Qatar: Worked from September-2004 to Mar-2005 and from April-2009 till now (RP is valid and renewable every year)
- United Arab Emirates: Visited during July 2012 (Visit visa)
- Morocco: Business trip during May 2012 (Visit Visa)

Accordingly, I have not overstayed previous temporary visas in any country. However, I renewed all our passports before submitting my application, so it does not show any visa stamps.

b) Immigration status in country of residence: Currently I'm working under a sponsor and have a valid visa (Iqamah) for me and rest of my family. My Qatar RP will expire in April, 2017 and rest of my family will expire in May 2018.

c) Family Ties: I don't have any family in Canada. My mother, brother, sister, uncles and aunt live in Egypt, also my wife’s relatives (father, mother, brother, sister, aunts & uncles) are also live in Egypt. In addition, my wife and children will accompany me during my studies.

d) Full reason why want to study this program in Canada not the natural progression: As I mentioned above, I never work in agricultural field, however I have more than 14 years’ experience in the document management/information technology field. Thus, I am planning to obtain a diploma in IT field. Such studies, I believe, are indispensable for my future career development and will benefit me for my whole life. I am not applying for a diploma in networks after a master in network, or a degree in computer science, it's a new study for me where I need to start from that level.

I want to reapply, but I want to do everything correctly this time. I really appreciate your help, guys. :) :)

micbinli1234

Sep 1, 2016
c_a_n_a_d_a said:
I need help from seniors here, or people who have had the same conditions, reapplied, and got the visa. :) :)

My study permit application was refused for two reasons: ??? ???

1. “You have not satisfied me that you would leave Canada at the end of your stay. In reaching this decision, I considered several factors, including: travel history, immigration status in country of residence, family ties in Canada and in country of residence”.

2. Other reasons: Study Plan. Full reason why want to study this program in Canada not the natural progression.

I have a bachelor degree in agricultural sciences from Egypt in 2000. I never work in agriculture field. I have 14 years’ experience in document management/IT field. I am working in Qatar since 2009. I got an acceptance letter from Seneca College at North York-Canada, as I am planning to study a diploma in computer networking and technical support (2 years). My family (wife and three children) will accompany me during my studies which they got rejection letters as well. I applied online for the visas on 17 July, gave the biometrics on 18 July, passed the medical on 2 August, and finally got the rejection letters on 18 August, 2016.

Note: I have applied for below visas for my family while submitting my application:
- Student Visa for my children above five years old.
- Visit Visa for my child below five years old.
- Open Work Permit for my wife.

In my application I attached a lot of information regarding the funds available for my stay including bank statements which show more than what I need to study and leave with my family in Canada, house owned in Egypt, timeshare unit owned in Saudi Arabia, salary certificate and recent pay slip from my current employer, receipt from Seneca College tuition payment for the first term (7,188 CAD). Also, I attached copies of Qatar IDs, police clearance certificates issued from both Qatar and Egypt. E-Ticket receipt have been included for my wife as a proof that she will leave Canada, as per the requirement to obtain an open work permit.

I don't understand most of the reasons he points out: :eek: :eek:

a) Travel history

- Saudi Arabia: Studied from September-1986 to July-1991 (RP under my father’s sponsorship) and several visits to my father during 1993-1998 (RP under my father’s sponsorship). Also, many visits during April & July-2011, April & Oct-2012, April-2014 & April-2015 (Omrah - Visit visa).
- Qatar: Worked from September-2004 to Mar-2005 and from April-2009 till now (RP is valid and renewable every year)
- United Arab Emirates: Visited during July 2012 (Visit visa)
- Morocco: Business trip during May 2012 (Visit Visa)

Accordingly, I have not overstayed previous temporary visas in any country. However, I renewed all our passports before submitting my application, so it does not show any visa stamps.

b) Immigration status in country of residence: Currently I'm working under a sponsor and have a valid visa (Iqamah) for me and rest of my family. My Qatar RP will expire in April, 2017 and rest of my family will expire in May 2018.

c) Family Ties: I don't have any family in Canada. My mother, brother, sister, uncles and aunt live in Egypt, also my wife’s relatives (father, mother, brother, sister, aunts & uncles) are also live in Egypt. In addition, my wife and children will accompany me during my studies.

d) Full reason why want to study this program in Canada not the natural progression: As I mentioned above, I never work in agricultural field, however I have more than 14 years’ experience in the document management/information technology field. Thus, I am planning to obtain a diploma in IT field. Such studies, I believe, are indispensable for my future career development and will benefit me for my whole life. I am not applying for a diploma in networks after a master in network, or a degree in computer science, it's a new study for me where I need to start from that level.

I want to reapply, but I want to do everything correctly this time. I really appreciate your help, guys. :) :)
I think the problem is not your academic background,it is why you choose Canada and why Seneca? What are u gonna to do after your study? How about your family? Also what's your plan for yourself, your wife and your children during your 2 years study? And what's your plan for them after your study? Make sure put everything in you trip/study plan, because you are coming to Canada as a family.

If everything meets the requirements, then Reason 2 caused reason 1 above. You just need to persuade the visa officer.

c_a_n_a_d_a

Sep 25, 2016
Thanks a lot micbinli1234 for your valuable comments.

I believe that I need to submit statement of purpose (SOP) this time. Does anyone have strong SOP similar to my case which get approved by the visa officer?

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
c_a_n_a_d_a said:
a) Travel history

a) IRCC wants to see travel to countries of a similar level to Canada with similar visa requirements, such as the US, the UK, France etc. Countries such as Morocco and Saudi Arabia aren't really considered.

b) Your status in your current country has a short validity, which shows weak ties. IRCC wants to see strong ties so they know you will not overstay in Canada.

c) I imagine the VO meant that you have no family ties in your current country of residence, which shows again that you have weak ties to the country.

d) In terms of progression in your studies, it doesn't make sense.

c_a_n_a_d_a said:
I believe that I need to submit statement of purpose (SOP) this time. Does anyone have strong SOP similar to my case which get approved by the visa officer?
You need to write your own SOP.