+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of PRTD and Temporary Visit Visa

gabrielFD64

May 22, 2019
I wish to visit my children who are currently studying and working in Canada and are Permanent Residents. I used to be a Permanent resident as well, but due to my family ties in India was not able to move to Canada.

Now since I used to be a permanent resident, I first had to apply for a PRTD as I could not apply for a Visit Visa due to my PR Status still being active. But my application was refused (after more than 6 months of waiting), as I no longer met the residency requirement.

Accordingly I submitted an application for a Temporary Visit Visa. But that too was refused on the following grounds.

• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your immigration status.
• I am not satisfied that you will leave Canada at the end of your stay as a temporary
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on your family ties in Canada and
in your country of residence.
resident, as stipulated in paragraph 179(b) of the IRPR, based on the purpose of your visit.

Now I have missed my daughters graduation and have not been able to see children for almost 2 years. Also, if I was planning to stay in Canada I would have done so when I had valid permanent resident status.

I currently work in Kuwait and still have family ties and assets in India.

Kindly let me know what I should do next to visit Canada to see my children.