+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

REFUSAL OF OVERSEAS MATURE STUDENT

lagosboy

Apr 12, 2008
HI EVERYONE

IM A 24 YEAR OLD MATURE STUDENT FROM ABUJA, NIGERIA, I GOT ADMISSION LAST YEAR TO STUDY AT WATERLOO FOR JAN 08, BUT WAS REFUSED A STUDY PERMIT ON GROUNDS THAT I WNT RETURN TO MY HOME COUNTRY AFTER MY STUDIES + IM NOT A BONAFIDE STUDENT, EVEN THO I SUBMITTED ALL THE RELEVANT DOCS.

NOW IVE DEFERRED MY ADMISSION TILL SEP 08 IN ORDER TO REAPPLY AGAIN. THOUGH I WAS OUT OF SCHOOL BETWEEN SEPT 03 - SEPT 07, I PROVIDED ALL NECESSARY EVIDENCE THAT IVE BEEN GAINING SOME WORK EXPOSURE AT OUR FAMILY COMPANY.

I HAVE AN AUNT IN CANADA WHO IS A CITIZEN AND WANTS TO HELP BUT DNT KNOW HOW. ANYWAY, IVE BEEN ADVISED TO REAPPLY AGAIN BY MY AGENT, I DONT KNOW IF THERE AR ANY SUGGESTIONS AS TO CHANGES OR ADDITIONS TO MAKE IN MY NEW APPLICATION.

LADIES AND GENTLEMEN, I REALLY NEED YOUR ADVISE!

otunba

Nov 21, 2007
Hi Lagosboy,

Am a Nigerian in the same situation with you but my own case is quite different because no reason was given for my own refusal,if you have a yahoo email add you can post it so i will add it to my messenger and we can talk more,also when was your application refused,and what is the level of your education before you apply.

Cheers

lagosboy

Apr 12, 2008
Otunba,

How now? I have a-levels dating back to 2003. Its really not about my qualifications, since I've secured a place at a good university. Its obvious they have a problem coming to terms with the reason why Ive been out of school for a while. Heard they play it tough with mature students. Its a little painful cuz my intentions are pure. Got refused this january. Anyway, yours is a funny one. What I'm thinking is that they forgot to tick an option, probably due to oversight. I dont use yahoo as email, but will create one over the next few days. Holla back!

otunba

Nov 21, 2007
ok,i will be expecting the mail,but i will like to inform you that someone told me you can employ the services of a lawyer in canada that can help you out with the problems by reviewing your file in the canadian embassy and then detecting the problems and profound a solution.God will surely see us through

Amirhassan

Dec 13, 2008
Hi,
Please let me know what happened the second time you applied. Im in the same situation and have been refused with the same reasons and have provided the exact document, being able to work at the company that my fathers works at after my education and that the company will pay my dues during my education so it's inevitable not to come back.