+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of extension of Spousal open work permit

Nilan84

Feb 15, 2024
I need advice from someone who has a good knowledge of immigration process.
My PGWP was expired in November but as Canadian government has given extension to those whose work permit was expiring in 2023. I have applied for that 18 months extension for me and my wife. After 3 months we got a mail from ircc that her application is refused because we forgot to puy $100 open work permit fees. Now I want to know options I have to make status legal??
Do we have to apply for restoration before applying for new work permit?
Can she leave the country on restoration status while her application is processing??
She doesn't have Valid visa now, so is it okay if after getting work permit she apply for visa from back home and then re-enter in Canada?
How about doing flagpole and getting work permit from boarder? Because of refusal, she is out of status so she can't work, what could be the best solution in this time?
I have got approval on my OINP and I have applied for non Express entry, does that help her to stay?? My OINP approval is the only way for her to extend her work visa or any other alternatives? Can we appeal for paying $100 fees for what she got refusal?