+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal of dependent spouse visa application

Anshu1708

Nov 19, 2023
Dear All ,
Need suggestion as my Dependent spouse visa has been rejected, the reason is - the authority is not satisfied with the following information is truthful, Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country. I answered as NO

Actually when my wife received the LIMA me and my wife was in USA. The employer advised that there is a provision of flag poling where we can walk at the USA - Canada Boarder and ask for the Entry. So we went but at the boarder they advice its not the same case and we need to file online. But in the mean while our entry and exit was registered at the system which is correct also. There after we applied online for visa for my wife first and see was approved and my wife is in Canada for last 6 months .Me and my children applied as depended but mine is denied as on the form I mentioned - NO -for any refusal of entry in past in Canada . Technically it is correct we went to boarder to check the provision of flap poling in our case for my wife.

Also I have never had any refusal , I have been travelling Europe / USA regularly since last 15 years.Pls advice should I file for a reconsideration explaining that its an chemical error and matter to understanding OR should I file a new paper .

Pls advice

Anshu

charliem

Jul 26, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
27-09-2013
Doc's Request.
17-10-2013
AOR Received.
18-10-2013
File Transfer...
March 2014
Med's Request
March 2, 2015. AIP received same day
Med's Done....
March 3, 2015.
Interview........
"Decision made": 1 April 2015
You may have someone respond if you write your post in clear language. What does 'dependent spouse' mean? What type of application was denied?

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
Dear All ,
Need suggestion as my Dependent spouse visa has been rejected, the reason is - the authority is not satisfied with the following information is truthful, Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country. I answered as NO

Actually when my wife received the LIMA me and my wife was in USA. The employer advised that there is a provision of flag poling where we can walk at the USA - Canada Boarder and ask for the Entry. So we went but at the boarder they advice its not the same case and we need to file online. But in the mean while our entry and exit was registered at the system which is correct also. There after we applied online for visa for my wife first and see was approved and my wife is in Canada for last 6 months .Me and my children applied as depended but mine is denied as on the form I mentioned - NO -for any refusal of entry in past in Canada . Technically it is correct we went to boarder to check the provision of flap poling in our case for my wife.

Also I have never had any refusal , I have been travelling Europe / USA regularly since last 15 years.Pls advice should I file for a reconsideration explaining that its an chemical error and matter to understanding OR should I file a new paper .

Pls advice

Anshu
This is not a family sponsorship issue. Post under Foreign Worker. There is no such thing as a dependant spouse visa. Very confusing because not sure who tried to flagpole. If spouse is in Canada with LMIA and working then she would not need to flagpole. If you are not in Canada, you cannot flagpole. Seems you just tried to enter Canada and get a TRV at the border which you cannot do.

Reactions: YVR123

Anshu1708

Nov 19, 2023
This is not a family sponsorship issue. Post under Foreign Worker. There is no such thing as a dependant spouse visa. Very confusing because not sure who tried to flagpole. If spouse is in Canada with LMIA and working then she would not need to flagpole. If you are not in Canada, you cannot flagpole. Seems you just tried to enter Canada and get a TRV at the border which you cannot do.

Thanks for your reply. But the thing is should I apply again or apply for reconsideration.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thanks for your reply. But the thing is should I apply again or apply for reconsideration.
Ask your question in the Foreign Workers section of the forum.

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
I tried there asking but don't see any reply
Still not clear what visa ave you applied under? TRV? SOWP as spouse of a LMIA foreign worker?
May be that's why you didn't get any response since ppl are not sure exactly what is going on.
Does your wife has the close work permit yet with LMIA?
Again post at the foreign worker section with some clarification. I have no idea how that works since this is NOT family class sponsorship.

Anshu1708

Nov 19, 2023
Still not clear what visa ave you applied under? TRV? SOWP as spouse of a LMIA foreign worker?
May be that's why you didn't get any response since ppl are not sure exactly what is going on.
Again post at the foreign worker section with some clarification. I have no idea how that works since this is NOT family class sponsorship.

Dear All ,
Need suggestion and opinions as my husbands OWP on basis of mine close work Permit visa has been refused on 15th Nov, 23 applied from India.
Below is the reason mentioned for our reference.

"Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Actually when my wife received the LIMA last year in December 2022, me and my wife was in USA. Her Company employer advised that there is a provision of flag poling or can come to Canada border and get Visitor or work visa, for which we walked thru USA - Canada Peace Border and approached Canada Border for the Entry. But Immigration Officer over there advised us since we do not have any visa to enter Canada so please file thru IRCC online and they gave us a paper mentioning to return back to USA Border but they didn't stamped our passports but later we came to to know that they have punched in their system our entries in Canada. My Husband had only accompanied me through this to support me, and he is stuck in this situation.

While we were filing the application for my husband, Our agent left that segment blank( as he mentioned after his application got refused) which we were not aware as the agent didn't filed the application in our presence.

On the basis of me being prime applicant, I had applied 2 applications, 1 for for my husband OWP and other applications for my children study permit for which result is still awaited.

My Husband is a frequent traveler to USA and and Europe coutries and never had any rejections or refusals. But this refusal has really shattered our family togetherness. Please advise what and how should we handle further.

Your word of advice suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Anshu

Naturgrl

VIP Member
Apr 5, 2020
OP has posted the same question many times. Spouse just showed up at Canadian border and wanted a work permit. Now can’t understand why refused with online application because spouse lied and never stated refusal. And then blaming agent.

https://www.canadavisa.com/canada-immigration-discussion-board/threads/my-application-was-rejected-for-open-work-permit.827353/

OP this is not a family class sponsorship issue.

Reactions: YVR123

YVR123

VIP Member
Jul 27, 2017
Dear All ,
Need suggestion and opinions as my husbands OWP on basis of mine close work Permit visa has been refused on 15th Nov, 23 applied from India.
Below is the reason mentioned for our reference.

"Thank you for your interest in working in Canada. After careful review of your work permit application and supporting documentation under the International Mobility Program, I have determined that your application does not meet the requirements of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act (IRPA) and Immigration and Refugee Protection Regulations (IRPR). I am refusing your application on the following grounds:
• I am not satisfied that you have truthfully answered all questions in the documents you have submitted in support of your application, as required by subsection 16(1) of the IRPA. Specifically, I am not satisfied that the following information is truthful: Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country?"

Actually when my wife received the LIMA last year in December 2022, me and my wife was in USA. Her Company employer advised that there is a provision of flag poling or can come to Canada border and get Visitor or work visa, for which we walked thru USA - Canada Peace Border and approached Canada Border for the Entry. But Immigration Officer over there advised us since we do not have any visa to enter Canada so please file thru IRCC online and they gave us a paper mentioning to return back to USA Border but they didn't stamped our passports but later we came to to know that they have punched in their system our entries in Canada. My Husband had only accompanied me through this to support me, and he is stuck in this situation.

While we were filing the application for my husband, Our agent left that segment blank( as he mentioned after his application got refused) which we were not aware as the agent didn't filed the application in our presence.

On the basis of me being prime applicant, I had applied 2 applications, 1 for for my husband OWP and other applications for my children study permit for which result is still awaited.

My Husband is a frequent traveler to USA and and Europe coutries and never had any rejections or refusals. But this refusal has really shattered our family togetherness. Please advise what and how should we handle further.

Your word of advice suggestions would be highly appreciated.

Best Regards
Anshu
So.... one this is not family clas sponsorship. so I may answer with things that do not apply for foreign worker. I am familar with family sponsorship.

Your refusal is for misrepresenting because you DID get a refusal and you did not put that in your work permit application.
It's lucky that you didn't get a 5 year ban. I am not sure if the wording is a PFL or a striaght refusal. (prob later)

And your husband's SOWP is dependent on your work permit. So if you do not get work permit, he won't get SOWP.
From now on, remember to answer YES, you were refused to enter Canada. (both of you)