+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

refusal in case of non-accompanying family

canada4all

Oct 21, 2010
I received AOR as single applicant with my family as non-accompanying. Now I have two queries.

1- I have heard that VISA OFFICE doubts the immigration aims of applicants for not including wife and children. They doubt that applicant will get immigration and will return to his country etc. This doubts weekens the case and may lead to rejection.

Is it true?
If it is true then what should do? I have already 67 points as single applicant.

2- Can I include my family after second AOR any time before receiving medicals request by sending my family's application fees?

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada4all said:
I received AOR as single applicant with my family as non-accompanying. Now I have two queries.

1- I have heard that VISA OFFICE doubts the immigration aims of applicants for not including wife and children. They doubt that applicant will get immigration and will return to his country etc. This doubts weekens the case and may lead to rejection.

Is it true?
If it is true then what should do? I have already 67 points as single applicant.

2- Can I include my family after second AOR any time before receiving medicals request by sending my family's application fees?
as I know you can apply as principal applicant alone without family but remember after getting visa and landing to canada you have to follow family sponsor process so, its take long time wait to join family.
if you apply togather then you have to show POF for your each dependent (you + spouse + child if you have) even you have to pay all fees of dependents, + point is you dont have to wait to join your spouse, you can land togather or your spouse can land after some months when you arrange job + home etc. choice is yours.
OMM

paulcanada74

Star Member
Nov 3, 2009
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
Hi

You need to show proof of funds for each non-accompany member plus they need to do medicals as well so if your family join after your PR then it would be better to include them now with your application.

saki

VIP Member
Apr 7, 2010
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
canada4all said:

Is it true?

They wont reject it if you apply as a single applicant but you will need to give some reasons why you are not adding your family now because its better to add them now rather than waiting for same period of time later when you are already in canada and they are in home country waiting desperately to join you in Canada.

You can but if you do that at the middle of the processing it will just delay your case further because then visa office will have to do all the checks on your family as well and also you will have to tell them why you want to include them now when you previusly decided not to do so which just complicates the things. Its better to add them now when you send the full docs because you will need to show the POF anyway even if they are not coming with you so its just a matter of $550 fee for your spouse and $150 for the kid.
Thats my opinion wait for other seniors to answer

Cheers
Saki

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..

Is it true?
>>> No questions asked if you apply alone. But other non accompanying members will have to undergo medicals.

>>> I did same, applied alone and then sent application fee for other members later on to visa office. All of us got visa. No delay or hassle.

sweetberry

Star Member
Nov 7, 2009
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:

Is it true?
>>> No questions asked if you apply alone. But other non accompanying members will have to undergo medicals.

>>> I did same, applied alone and then sent application fee for other members later on to visa office. All of us got visa. No delay or hassle.

Merry Xmas to all...

Does he have to show POF for non-accompanying member Or he can just go for sponsoring them after he reaches Canada.

explorer101

Champion Member
Jan 30, 2010
CANADA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
sweetberry said:
Merry Xmas to all...

Does he have to show POF for non-accompanying member Or he can just go for sponsoring them after he reaches Canada.
Merry Xmas
NO POF is to be shown for non accompanying members.
Even for sponsoring spouse and kids no income proof is to be shown.

sweetberry

Star Member
Nov 7, 2009
London
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
Merry Xmas
Thats nice.. thanks for the info... :)

omm

Champion Member
Aug 27, 2009
USA
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
explorer101 said:
Merry Xmas
when he apply later or with first stage, he must have to bring POF when he plan to land at Canada, even he have to show POF to Local CHC, when you update generaly VO ask for submition of POF even on later when he add names of dependent.. becareful... all CHC dont need latest POF but when you land at canada you must need when you submit your immigration documents at airport.
OMM