+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal due to oversight of a bachelor degree which is already on record

God_Loves_All

May 15, 2012
I filed for Permanent Residence as a skilled worker. I am a Chartered Accountant and I have 2 bachelor degrees: 1. Bachelor of Commerce and 2, LL B (also called BL – Bachelor of Laws). I was given 66 points as against the minimum requirement of 67.

The Officer mentions in the letter: “….you were granted 20 points for your education because you have ‘a’ Bachelor’s degree. Your professional designation as an accountant does not grant you further points because the chartered accountancy does not qualify as an educational credential with the definition in Regulation 73…..”

It appears one of the degrees is missed out while going through my papers. We have claimed both and also submitted documentation (marks and degree certificates) for both of them. My attorney's office confirms this.

The attorney’s office sent for reconsideration and we are waiting for response. I am worried if it will bring a positive response and I get the approval.

Has anybody else gone through the same kind of experience? How good are they in revising their decision when there is some lapse?

I will update as soon as I get response.

Rlex

Jan 30, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
London
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
May 2010
AOR Received.
1st AOR - OCT 2010;2nd AOR - MAY 2011
File Transfer...
No Idea where I can get this info
Med's Request
Awaiting
Passport Req..
Awaiting
God_Loves_All said:
I filed for Permanent Residence as a skilled worker. I am a Chartered Accountant and I have 2 bachelor degrees: 1. Bachelor of Commerce and 2, LL B (also called BL – Bachelor of Laws). I was given 66 points as against the minimum requirement of 67.

The Officer mentions in the letter: “....you were granted 20 points for your education because you have ‘a' Bachelor's degree. Your professional designation as an accountant does not grant you further points because the chartered accountancy does not qualify as an educational credential with the definition in Regulation 73.....”

It appears one of the degrees is missed out while going through my papers. We have claimed both and also submitted documentation (marks and degree certificates) for both of them. My attorney's office confirms this.

The attorney's office sent for reconsideration and we are waiting for response. I am worried if it will bring a positive response and I get the approval.

Has anybody else gone through the same kind of experience? How good are they in revising their decision when there is some lapse?

Which is your VO...Please share your timelines

God_Loves_All

May 15, 2012
Rlex,

Which is your VO..: I suppose it is the processing office. If so, it is New York.

Please share your timelines: received application Oct.30, 2009 - transferred to New York in 2010, started processing Nov.16, 2010 - rejection letter April 21, 2012 ( received May 02 2012).
Thanks.
- God_Loves_All

hope_life

Apr 24, 2012
Category........
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
it will be approved, dont worry. talk to me in person, i will tell u how.

one more thing, who is ur attorney?

ur bro, hope.

God_Loves_All said:

The Officer mentions in the letter: “....you were granted 20 points for your education because you have ‘a' Bachelor's degree. Your professional designation as an accountant does not grant you further points because the chartered accountancy does not qualify as an educational credential with the definition in Regulation 73.....”

The attorney's office sent for reconsideration and we are waiting for response. I am worried if it will bring a positive response and I get the approval.

coolguy2010

VIP Member
Jun 28, 2010
UAE
Category........
Visa Office......
London to Paris
NOC Code......
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
04-05-2010
Doc's Request.
23-10-2010
Nomination.....
09-06-2011
AOR Received.
09-06-2011
IELTS Request
6 Band
File Transfer...
01-03-2013
Med's Request
01-03-2013
Med's Done....
30-03-2013
Interview........
NA
Passport Req..
20-05-2013
VISA ISSUED...
29-05-2013
LANDED..........
06-08-2013
Hi,

Can you please share your points calculation also.

Did you claim spouse education points (if applicable)...?

Regards
Cool

God_Loves_All said:

God_Loves_All

May 15, 2012
hope_life said:
it will be approved, dont worry. talk to me in person, i will tell u how.

one more thing, who is ur attorney?

ur bro, hope.
hi hope,
Thanks for the positive wish it will be approved. I do not know how to talk to you in person. As you can see, I am a newbie. :-[
Thanks, God_Loves_All

God_Loves_All

May 15, 2012
Hi All,

I am responding to everybody who wished good and sending suggestions through this update. First of all, thanks for all the good wishes and messages.

My attorney is Campbell Cohen (somebody asked this detail and I have confirmed with their office before parting with the info on a public forum). He and his office are great. They analyzed all my documents, evaluated and advised me on every aspect right before filing. They suggested me to take the IELTS exam which I did and sent them the results. When I got refusal letter they stood by my side. They were very quick in asking for Reconsideration. The Canadian Embassy and the Officer were very kind and gave me an interview date and time. The Officer went over my education once again. He had some questions. I explained and showed him documentary proof supporting what I explained. He considered everything and finally approved my application. I have to comply with all the requirements like Medical tests, etc.and realize my dream finally!

It was a good experience on the whole. My best wishes to all!!

jaggy999

Champion Member
Mar 6, 2012
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
LANDED..........
Dec 2013
God_Loves_All said:
Hi All,

I am responding to everybody who wished good and sending suggestions through this update. First of all, thanks for all the good wishes and messages.

My attorney is Campbell Cohen (somebody asked this detail and I have confirmed with their office before parting with the info on a public forum). He and his office are great. They analyzed all my documents, evaluated and advised me on every aspect right before filing. They suggested me to take the IELTS exam which I did and sent them the results. When I got refusal letter they stood by my side. They were very quick in asking for Reconsideration. The Canadian Embassy and the Officer were very kind and gave me an interview date and time. The Officer went over my education once again. He had some questions. I explained and showed him documentary proof supporting what I explained. He considered everything and finally approved my application. I have to comply with all the requirements like Medical tests, etc.and realize my dream finally!

Congrats dear....

dreamfromafar

Star Member
Apr 14, 2009
Dubai, UAE
Category........
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
God_Loves_All said:
Hi All,

You have a very good consultant. My consultant upon learning about my rejection on JD mismatch, instead of standing by my side..they advised me to wait and re-apply. It took them more than a month to step up and to finally re-appeal for their clients when threatened by refund of fees!

God_Loves_All

May 15, 2012
hi dreamfromafar,
I will go with the advice the attorneys give as they know the case and the Law better. That is what I did from the beginning and I am happy I did...
Each case is different and it is not good to judge one from another.
Best wishes for successful immigration and happy life!

Thanks,
God_Loves_All