+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal Declaration

AlliyB

Jul 6, 2021
Hi guys,

Kindly advice. I applied for my Student Visa May 13, 2021 and they just got back to today 4th of August 2022. I've been denied before in 2018 but the agency that helped to submit the application said NO that I haven't.

This is the respond:

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section
16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for
the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and
documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, On your application, when asked "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied
entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?" you responded "No". I
believe this to be a false statement. I have reason to believe you have previously been refused a visa
or visas to the US. Please explain the discrepancy. This is a material fact that could have induced
an error in the administration of the Act.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2) a
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a)
the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for
misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a
determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under
subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal
order is enforced.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you 15 days from the
date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. If you do not respond to this request within
the time outlined above, your application will be refused.

Please can anyone advice me on how to respond. I was denied in 2018 and I think the person that helped with the application stated " NO" in the application.

Thank you so much

Taran D

VIP Member
Oct 1, 2020
Hi guys,

Kindly advice. I applied for my Student Visa May 13, 2021 and they just got back to today 4th of August 2022. I've been denied before in 2018 but the agency that helped to submit the application said NO that I haven't.

This is the respond:

I have reasonable grounds to believe that you have not fulfilled the requirement put upon you by section
16(1) of the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act, which states:
16(1) a person who makes an application must answer truthfully all questions put to them for
the purpose of the examination and must produce a visa and all relevant evidence and
documents that the officer reasonably requires.
Specifically, On your application, when asked "Have you ever been refused a visa or permit, denied
entry or ordered to leave Canada or any other country or territory?" you responded "No". I
believe this to be a false statement. I have reason to believe you have previously been refused a visa
or visas to the US. Please explain the discrepancy. This is a material fact that could have induced
an error in the administration of the Act.
Please note that if it is found that you have engaged in misrepresentation in submitting your application
for a temporary resident visa, you may be found to be inadmissible under section 40(1)(a) of the
Immigration and Refugee Protection Act. A finding of such inadmissibility would render you
inadmissible to Canada for a period of five years according to section 40(2) a
40(2) The following provisions govern subsection (1):
(a)
the permanent resident or the foreign national continues to be inadmissible for
misrepresentation for a period of five years following, in the case of a
determination outside Canada, a final determination of inadmissibility under
subsection (1) or, in the case of determination in Canada, the date the removal
order is enforced.
I would like to give you an opportunity to respond to this information. I will afford you 15 days from the
date of this letter to make any representations in this regard. If you do not respond to this request within
the time outlined above, your application will be refused.

Please can anyone advice me on how to respond. I was denied in 2018 and I think the person that helped with the application stated " NO" in the application.

Thank you so much
You think?? They had definately said no in your application. Big mess, I would suggest framing a very strong letter of explanation and pray that you will not get a ban of 5 years.