+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal - but what about return of all my original documents ???

silverdelt

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
File Transfer...
2 August 2011
Med's Request
13 June 2011
Med's Done....
15 June 2011
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
No clue
VISA ISSUED...
No Clue
LANDED..........
No clue
Hi All,

Long story short, my sponsorship application was approved, but CHC Islamabad refused my wife's PR application. We appealed but that also got refused. So basically case is closed now.

My question now - when the hell is CHC Islamabad going to return ALL the original documents we submitted (e.g. nikah nama, education certificated, birth certificates, etc. etc.) ? I have been emailing them like crazy to send back our original documents and still nothing!

I need the original documents back urgently - what is the procedure to get them back? Shouldn't the high commission send them back automatically since they rejected the case?

Your tips and suggestions please!

Thanks in advance!

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
I don't think you are going to have any luck in getting your originals back. The guide does say that they will not return any documents, even if it gotten refused PR. It is one of the reasons they ask for photocopies when asked and when originals are needed, (usually police check/medical check), you should have ordered new originals and submitted them with your application. Not your initial original. I would never give away my one and only originals, I order new ones. If you did, in fact, submit your only originals, you will have to order new ones for your own record.

Plus they will get to keep all documents in the event that you did try to sponsor again in the future. Any files you send to CIC are basically CIC's property. They can look back to your original file and see your application history.

screech339

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/pdf/kits/guides/3907e.pdf (Region specific instructions for Pakistan) states that ORIGINALS must be submitted. Therefore it is quite reasonable to expect their return.

All the OP can do is keep chasing for the visa office to return them. I suggest that an Urgent Case Specific Enquiry is probably the best method.

silverdelt

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
File Transfer...
2 August 2011
Med's Request
13 June 2011
Med's Done....
15 June 2011
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
No clue
VISA ISSUED...
No Clue
LANDED..........
No clue
Thanks for your responses. Yes you are spot-on with the region-specific condition requiring all originals to be submitted.

I have already raised a Case Specific Enquiry...a week ago. No reply so far! CHC Islamabad is extremely notorious for not responding to emails, or even phone calls...in fact you can't even get a hold of anyone on the phone to talk to. Nonetheless I have been emailing them as well.

Guess i'll keep sending emails and/or raising enquiries till the buggers return our docs.

Thanks again folks.

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013
silverdelt said:
Thanks for your responses. Yes you are spot-on with the region-specific condition requiring all originals to be submitted.

I have already raised a Case Specific Enquiry...a week ago. No reply so far! CHC Islamabad is extremely notorious for not responding to emails, or even phone calls...in fact you can't even get a hold of anyone on the phone to talk to. Nonetheless I have been emailing them as well.

Guess i'll keep sending emails and/or raising enquiries till the buggers return our docs.

Thanks again folks.
I want to apologize for my post regarding originals. I was wrong as I was under the impression that all documents are photocopies unless originals are asked. In your case, everything are in original docs. I also checked the document checklist, it does not indicate anywhere that they are not returning any documents. So again I was wrong. Please accept my apology due to my lack of knowledge on my part.

It appears that you should be getting your originals back in event of PR refusal. I would suggest that you keep trying to get through to them. Get on their case.

Screech339

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
screech339 said:
I want to apologize for my post regarding originals. I was wrong as I was under the impression that all documents are photocopies unless originals are asked. In your case, everything are in original docs. I also checked the document checklist, it does not indicate anywhere that they are not returning any documents. So again I was wrong. Please accept my apology due to my lack of knowledge on my part.

It appears that you should be getting your originals back in event of PR refusal. I would suggest that you keep trying to get through to them. Get on their case.

Screech339
+1 ;)

silverdelt

Aug 12, 2012
Category........
Visa Office......
Islamabad
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
June 2011
File Transfer...
2 August 2011
Med's Request
13 June 2011
Med's Done....
15 June 2011
Interview........
Hope Not
Passport Req..
No clue
VISA ISSUED...
No Clue
LANDED..........
No clue
screech339 said:

Screech339
Not an issue at all - I could have been clearer on my part by writing Pakistan instead of Islamabad. :)

Thanks I am on their case as suggested - enough but not too much - don't want them to redirect my mails to spam/junk either :D

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
silverdelt said:
Hi All,

Long story short, my sponsorship application was approved, but CHC Islamabad refused my wife's PR application. We appealed but that also got refused. So basically case is closed now.

My question now - when the hell is CHC Islamabad going to return ALL the original documents we submitted (e.g. nikah nama, education certificated, birth certificates, etc. etc.) ? I have been emailing them like crazy to send back our original documents and still nothing!

I need the original documents back urgently - what is the procedure to get them back? Shouldn't the high commission send them back automatically since they rejected the case?

Your tips and suggestions please!

Thanks in advance!
When was your case closed? I think you should contact london visa office as after 2013 london visa office is responsible for pakistani applications and not islamabad. And if still you dont get a reply then conatct your MP

maligator001

Star Member
Jan 22, 2016
Montreal
Category........
Visa Office......
Dakar
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
17-11-2015
AOR Received.
14-01-2016
File Transfer...
26-02-2016
Med's Done....
upfront
Interview........
Waived
Passport Req..
25-05-2016
VISA ISSUED...
30-06-2016
LANDED..........
04-08-2016
screech339 said:

Screech339
+1 class act

screech339

VIP Member
Apr 2, 2013
Category........
Visa Office......
Vegreville
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
14-08-2012
AOR Received.
20-11-2012
Med's Done....
18-07-2012
Interview........
17-06-2013
LANDED..........
17-06-2013

canadianwoman

VIP Member
Nov 6, 2009
Category........
Visa Office......
Accra, Ghana
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
30-01-2008
Interview........
05-05-2009
They should send back the originals if you ask. The question might be, where are the originals? I had quite a difficult time getting my photos back, and it was partly because after the appeal my file appeared to be in limbo. When it finally was sent back to Accra, the visa office did send the originals back to me.
I phoned the government lawyer who handled my appeal, and the Immigration and Refugee Board office. If that doesn't work for you, try asking your MP's office for help.

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
mf1987 said:
There is no need to resurrect 3 year old posts for no reason.

F.M said:
When was your case closed? I think you should contact london visa office as after 2013 london visa office is responsible for pakistani applications and not islamabad. And if still you dont get a reply then conatct your MP
canadianwoman said:
They should send back the originals if you ask. The question might be, where are the originals? I had quite a difficult time getting my photos back, and it was partly because after the appeal my file appeared to be in limbo. When it finally was sent back to Accra, the visa office did send the originals back to me.
I phoned the government lawyer who handled my appeal, and the Immigration and Refugee Board office. If that doesn't work for you, try asking your MP's office for help.
The post you are responding to is from 2013.

F.M

Nov 16, 2015
Category........
Visa Office......
London,UK
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
24-12-2015
AOR Received.
18-02-2016
File Transfer...
SA:25-02-2016
Med's Request
Remedical
Med's Done....
17-11-2016
Passport Req..
29-11-2016
VISA ISSUED...
9-12-2016
LANDED..........
10-12-2016
canuck_in_uk said:
There is no need to resurrect 3 year old posts for no reason.

The post you are responding to is from 2013.
Ooppssss we are soo ready to help others that we dont even see when was the question asked. :p

canuck_in_uk

VIP Member
May 4, 2012
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
06/12
F.M said:
Ooppssss we are soo ready to help others that we dont even see when was the question asked. :p
Yes, it can be very easy to just answer without seeing it's an old post. I did it many times before I realized and started checking post dates.