+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal and what to do next

Lloyd11

Dec 3, 2019
I applied for a visit visa to Canada but unfortunately didn’t read one question well which asked about being refused a Canada visa as well as neighboring country. To be honest I didn’t see that so I chose no and I also made mistake with my country of residence. I chose the country am citizen of because was oversight as have said earlier.
So I had response from the immigration a month later “Procedure fairness “ stating that have been refused in only US so have to respond. But before then I had a letter for the biometrics so I saw the mistake of my address and I notified them about it. So in response to the procedure fairness I told them it wasn’t deliberate because there was nothing to hide . Apart from US which have been refused, haven’t been refused any other country and have travelled around . So it was oversight and I further explained the reason I was refused in US to make them be much aware isn’t deliberate because it was not a serious or criminal issue I was refused on .

But after months I had a negative decision Nd inadmissible to Canada for 5 years. Also he said he gave me the negative decision because of the failure to declare of the US refusal earlier “ though I really explained and accepted the mistake and said yes was refused.

But my question is that the immigration also said “ You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirement. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee”

Should I reapply again? And what can I really do to demonstrate well as they are saying ?

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
I applied for a visit visa to Canada but unfortunately didn’t read one question well which asked about being refused a Canada visa as well as neighboring country. To be honest I didn’t see that so I chose no and I also made mistake with my country of residence. I chose the country am citizen of because was oversight as have said earlier.
So I had response from the immigration a month later “Procedure fairness “ stating that have been refused in only US so have to respond. But before then I had a letter for the biometrics so I saw the mistake of my address and I notified them about it. So in response to the procedure fairness I told them it wasn’t deliberate because there was nothing to hide . Apart from US which have been refused, haven’t been refused any other country and have travelled around . So it was oversight and I further explained the reason I was refused in US to make them be much aware isn’t deliberate because it was not a serious or criminal issue I was refused on .

But after months I had a negative decision Nd inadmissible to Canada for 5 years. Also he said he gave me the negative decision because of the failure to declare of the US refusal earlier “ though I really explained and accepted the mistake and said yes was refused.

But my question is that the immigration also said “ You are welcome to reapply if you feel that you can respond to these concerns and can demonstrate that your situation meets the requirement. All new applications must be accompanied by a new processing fee”

Should I reapply again? And what can I really do to demonstrate well as they are saying ?
No - you cannot reapply. You are banned from Canada for 5 years.

The line at the end of the letter is a standard line that's included in all letters. It does not apply to you since you've been banned for 5 years. If you reapply now, refusal is guaranted.

You need to forget about Canada for 5 years.

Lloyd11

Dec 3, 2019
No - you cannot reapply. You are banned from Canada for 5 years.

The line at the end of the letter is a standard line that's included in all letters. It does not apply to you since you've been banned for 5 years. If you reapply now, refusal is guaranted.

You need to forget about Canada for 5 years.
Thank you for the response. And after the 5 years is it likely to get it if I applied or this will make it difficult

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Thank you for the response. And after the 5 years is it likely to get it if I applied or this will make it difficult
It's really hard to say. It will on your personal circumstances. When you apply five years from now, make sure you declare all refusals including the US one and now the Canadian one.