+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal and reconsideration

pandrea_85

Oct 6, 2015
Hello all!

I hope you are having a great day.

I applied for a Work permit. 2 weeks ago I received an email saying that I needed to pay another fee (open work permit fee) in order to continue with the process. So I did the payment. Yesterday I got a refusal letter, the reason for the refusal of my work permit was that I didn't pay for that fee. I called to the CIC and the person I talked to saw my payment online and he told me my application will be now under reconsideration.

Should I be worried about it even if I have all the documents in order? and do you know for how long aprox do I have to wait?

Thank you all for your answers!

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Post your question to the International Students section of the forum.

pandrea_85

Oct 6, 2015
Hello!

Thanks for your reply, I posted here because my question is related to a Work Permit. Not a student permit.

But anyway I will post it to the International Students section.

Have a good day!

lively

Jan 13, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
You need documentary confirmation of what they are doing for any further action. Followup with cic in writing. They will also respond in writing. This way you will know for sure if they are taking your new payment into account.

pandrea_85

Oct 6, 2015
Hello thanks for answering.

They said (on the phone) I didn't need to do anything else, just wait. But I think writing is a good idea.

I tried to find the email to contact them but I didn't find it. Can you help me with that please?

Thanks again!

lively

Jan 13, 2015
Visa Office......
LVO
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
I dont know if this is also good for work permits but the email that i communicated for my immigration application is as follows:

cio-sydney-search-enquiry@cic.gc.ca

pandrea_85

Oct 6, 2015
vanessa920124 said:
Hi anyone successfully got their work permit after the reconsideration?
It depends on why are you asking a reconsideration. In my case, there was a mistake with a payment and I was able to show I did it, so at the end I got my work permit.

dbawa

Jan 18, 2016
pandrea_85 said:
It depends on why are you asking a reconsideration. In my case, there was a mistake with a payment and I was able to show I did it, so at the end I got my work permit.
Hello I am in same situation as you for pgwp and they put my file under reconsideration. Can you tell me how long they take to give any result for "reconsideration" and how they notify you that you got your Workpermit.

Thanks