+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal after AIP

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
More generally, the IRCC webinars were a bit misleading by implying AIP covered eligibility and stage 2 was only about admissibility, meaning those who passed stage 1 were accepted as bona fide and would eventually be approved barring any rare medical or criminal history issues, or forged documents.

In fact, it is obvious that eligibility is at least partly assessed in stage 2. AIP actually involves little more than a basic completeness check.

Reactions: Ppun and Alamj

m7md

Sep 27, 2020
That'll be part of the reason why. They want to see ties to your home country and applying from somewhere else, especially the GCC, does not satisfy that.
Huh? I did not get rejected yet. @SpongeBobCirclePants did, I was just asking if he got an AIP before rejection. Also, most of my friends who are expats here in Oman got their SP without issues, plus I have very strong ties to Oman as well as Egypt (Properties, permanent residences, investments, etc.)

Reactions: azzamkc

primaprime

VIP Member
Apr 6, 2019
Huh? I did not get rejected yet. @SpongeBobCirclePants did, I was just asking if he got an AIP before rejection. Also, most of my friends who are expats here in Oman got their SP without issues, plus I have very strong ties to Oman as well as Egypt (Properties, permanent residences, investments, etc.)
Well, good luck to you then. The Abu Dhabi VO tends to be pretty strict with GCC expats.