+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refusal After 6 months (CEC-Aor Oct-11-2018)

xignifye

Dec 14, 2017
Sorry about your refusal. I might be late but do you happen to know why they refused your application? It seems like you have enough hours and experience. I applied for my PR 3 months ago under CEC, also as a Food Service Supervisor and I claimed 2 years of experience on my application. I believe I have enough hours over period of 2 years (June 2018-June 2020), but I'm still worried they might reject my application for whatever reason.
First count your total hours on pay stubs. It should help.
As for my refusal, after telling them to reconsider my application, my lawyer receives a call from the officer saying that I have less than 30 hrs average on my initial pay stub for almost one and half month after getting promoted to supervisor. He told her that I wasn't in the country at that time and that is why just to be safe we only claimed for 1 year of job experience points rather than of two years(which I was totally qualified for). She replied saying I should have mentioned all that in explanation letter while applying to which my lawyer said we had mention clearly in my travel history. But apparently she was is no mood of understanding and got stuck at explanation letter. She wasn't ready to listen or understand.

Anyway I am used to this now. I took me 5 attempts (2 Express Entry and 3 Economic process) and full 4 year to finally get my application to the status of Decision Made last month. I am still waiting for COPR.

hhkhang275

Oct 12, 2020
Thank you so much for your response and congratulations on your PR. You deserved it. I didn't know it could take that much time.

One thing I still don't understand though is how can an officer disqualified you because even though you were short a couple months, you should have enough 1 year experience. In fact, you only claimed 1 year on your application.

And when you submit your application, do you include all of your pay stubs or just the 3 most recent ones? When I did my application, I only gave them 3 pay stubs (most recent) along with my T4 and notice of assessment. I don't know if they'll ask to see all of them because I'm afraid I can't get them from my employer.

Reactions: Uvr

xignifye

Dec 14, 2017
Thank you so much for your response and congratulations on your PR. You deserved it. I didn't know it could take that much time.

One thing I still don't understand though is how can an officer disqualified you because even though you were short a couple months, you should have enough 1 year experience. In fact, you only claimed 1 year on your application.

And when you submit your application, do you include all of your pay stubs or just the 3 most recent ones? When I did my application, I only gave them 3 pay stubs (most recent) along with my T4 and notice of assessment. I don't know if they'll ask to see all of them because I'm afraid I can't get them from my employer.
Thanks but I still haven't got my PR yet. As for my Express Entry decision I think it depends on officer to officer. Some are understanding and some are not. I have personally experienced this.
I had provided them with 2 year of pay stub with my EE application. Still they requested for 1 year of pay stub which I don't understand because they should have already had the copy of that with my application. Probably they wanted to reconfirm.

Regarding your paystub, did you mention that in your explanation letter? It totally depends on the officer. I would still suggest to at least get some form of proof from your past employer(letter or check deposit slip or bank statement anything that proves you worked) and keep it handy just in case if they ask for it. Lets hope they don't ask for it.

Reactions: Snikhil030