+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee visit home country after citizenship

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Hello all i was granted citizenship last year . I came as a refugee several years ago and turned citizen although Since i came i never returned there . I have an emergency and need to return there without risking my citizenship. I’ve been reading through forum but cant really find an answer . Some say yes and others no It really freaks me out . I wish someone competent cojld answer me
Thanks in advance

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hello all i was granted citizenship last year . I came as a refugee several years ago and turned citizen although Since i came i never returned there . I have an emergency and need to return there without risking my citizenship. I’ve been reading through forum but cant really find an answer . Some say yes and others no It really freaks me out . I wish someone competent cojld answer me
Thanks in advance
Your question was answered yesterday. Is there a reason why you are posting again?

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Your question was answered yesterday. Is there a reason why you are posting again?
Yes and thanks for your answer its just that I’ve been reading through forum since yesterday and some say that you would put your citizenship at risk since many are being sent to secondary screening at poe upon their returns .
sorry for the inconvenience

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Yes and thanks for your answer its just that I’ve been reading through forum since yesterday and some say that you would put your citizenship at risk since many are being sent to secondary screening at poe upon their returns .
sorry for the inconvenience
Lol you won't put it at risk...
You are a Canadian remember !
Dont kill or get killed.
You can go and comeback whenever. May be at the immigration... on ur way back. They will ask u if u had a safe trip, if you bring anything back. Thats it.

Once you have ur canada citizenship... you are free to travel to all the safe destination.

Reactions: lavida

amazigh-agnostic

Star Member
Nov 6, 2020
Lol you won't put it at risk...
You are a Canadian remember !
Dont kill or get killed.
You can go and comeback whenever. May be at the immigration... on ur way back. They will ask u if u had a safe trip, if you bring anything back. Thats it.

Once you have ur canada citizenship... you are free to travel to all the safe destination.
Thank you so much your input is much appreciated. I just do not understand why some people give false information on forum such as you may lose it in case you are on your back thus misleading others yet i have seen these comments in this forum. My case is genuine since i applied for asylum on first place i guess these making those comments have just an anti immigration agenda