+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee travel document - Waiting for 10 months

h_loyali

Apr 29, 2014
Hi ,

I applied for RTD in may and since then have called IRCC 8 times. first 6 months they lost my application , then tried to follow up and couldn't go though their call system, I filled out webform and someone replied back " in processing". How disorganized and unresponsive are they. Tired of this failing system. How long would it takes? another year? How long that took you get yours?

Simba112

VIP Member
Mar 25, 2021
Hi ,

I applied for RTD in may and since then have called IRCC 8 times. first 6 months they lost my application , then tried to follow up and couldn't go though their call system, I filled out webform and someone replied back " in processing". How disorganized and unresponsive are they. Tired of this failing system. How long would it takes? another year? How long that took you get yours?
I wish they could process as walking in through service Canada, there are lots of delays that are not justifiable...so expect to take further longer

h_loyali

Apr 29, 2014
I wish they could process as walking in through service Canada, there are lots of delays that are not justifiable...so expect to take further longer
Currently this system is a failure. I have to go to usa and waiting 10 months , after receiving, should wait another year for Visa.

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
Hi ,

Yeah their system is broken; what I can't understand is why they moved to IRCC when IRCC has massive backlog. well I do think because they don't really care about us "Refugees".
Is yours an Urgent case btw?
I mean have you applied as Urgent case or how is it?

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
Mind you I do have an Urgent case "medical case" and still they keep saying in processing since two months. They need to bring this back to service Canada tbh broken system they have.

h_loyali

Apr 29, 2014
Yeah their system is broken; what I can't understand is why they moved to IRCC when IRCC has massive backlog. well I do think because they don't really care about us "Refugees".
Is yours an Urgent case btw?
I mean have you applied as Urgent case or how is it?
No not urgent but 10 months is long for a regular one also.