+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document - Questions and Answers

WalterI

Apr 10, 2024
Hello,

My wife is a Protected Person and she has her RTD. We have applied for our Spousal Sponsorship and are waiting. We saw this info on the Italian Consulate site of Toronto and wanted to know if anyone has ever visited Italy with just their RTD.

------
1. Holders of a (blue) Canadian Travel Document for refugees issued on the basis of the Geneva Convention of July 28, 1951 (note that this is not a regular blue Canadian passport for Canadian citizens) and

2. Holders of a Canadian-issued Certificate of Identity

Do not need a visa to enter Italy for transit and or short term stay (e.g. for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days).

It is up to the applicant to check with other relevant Schengen Countries if the above documents are accepted, even for transit purposes.
------

Were thinking of going but wanted to ask if anyone has done it before hand so we don't have any issues with going.

Thanks

Giga02

Feb 20, 2024
Hello,
I have a uk visa and I planning to travel to uk and visit Italy and Germany aswell with RTD and only Uk visa on it. Is this trip possible l?

Aykhan

Star Member
Feb 12, 2018
Hi. Is everyone sent to immigration office for extra questioning after CBSA control on Pearson every time they travel with RTD?

Dillis

Sep 21, 2022
Hey Friends, i have a question, I applied for my Travel document last month I sent it on February 16 I sent with urgent, I tracked it, It was delivered to them on the 21. After sending it I realize I sent it to this address. Centralized networks - certified of identity section Place du centre commercial Level 2
200 promenade du portage
Gatineau QC J8X 4B7. O call IRCC several times they said they don’t have my file on there system. What should I do next? Did I sent it to the wrong location? Do I have to apply for new TD?
thank you
Hello, please do you have any updates? I am facing the same issue too

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hello folks

They say that your application was flagged as urgent and in process now.

What is the timeline for urgent process? When will they sent my travel document?

mehranjadoon

Sep 5, 2019
I need urgent processing of RTD. I have sent the webform 10 days ago and also called IRCC multiple times but they are asking me to wait for the call from the relevant office. I need it due to a family emergency. Please let me know what can I do. Is there any place where I can apply in person?

moref1988

Star Member
Feb 28, 2023
Hello folks,

how long does it take delivering for refugee travel document? i can not track to my tracking number.
IRCC said that ''we mailed to your address via Canada Post''