+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel document, Please advice.

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
Hi everyone,
I applied for a refugee travel document three months ago but then this month I sent an explanation saying that it's Urgent with some medical documents!
IRCC replyed to me several times saying that they have sent my request to the officer and that my case has been flagged as Urgent. I also gave the parliment member the access to ask about it he told me that they transferred my file to the officer already and that they are waiting for the final decision from the officer!
This has been since two weeks I think!
What do you guys think about this scenario do I need to contact them further?
I really need this RTD for surgery purposes and it's a time sensitive since I lost my job due to this issue. I know you guys might ask of why I don't do it here instead. well I guess we all know the Canadian Health Care system (it's struggling) unless you have some heart issues then yeah. I mean many cancer patients are on the waiting list for their surgeries! it's Sad.

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
Hi everyone,
I applied for a refugee travel document three months ago but then this month I sent an explanation saying that it's Urgent with some medical documents!
IRCC replyed to me several times saying that they have sent my request to the officer and that my case has been flagged as Urgent. I also gave the parliment member the access to ask about it he told me that they transferred my file to the officer already and that they are waiting for the final decision from the officer!
I really need this RTD for surgery purposes and it's a time sensitive since I lost my job due to this issue. I know you guys might ask of why I don't do it here instead. well I guess we all know the Canadian Health Care system (it's struggling) unless you have some heart issues then yeah. I mean many cancer patients are on the waiting list for their surgeries! it's Sad.
it’s only been 2 weeks. There is no point in following up if you have already been told it is in final review. There isn’t anything more the MP can do either. Assume you don’t have a set surgery date in the next 2 weeks.

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
it’s only been 2 weeks. There is no point in following up if you have already been told it is in final review. There isn’t anything more the MP can do either. Assume you don’t have a set surgery date in the next 2 weeks.
well I can have the surgery in less than three days if they send it. The surgeon is waiting to be honest. He actually suggested me to send me a hospital confirmation for that.

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
Hi everyone,
I found out they were sending me my RTD after urgent request by chance when talking to an IRCC agent about my PR application. I think no harm in calling them to find out if there is an update and mention the medical emergency.
I got was able to talk to someone around 12 or 1pm yesterday. I called the IRCC number, pressed 2 (no UCI number) then when the recorded message started again I pressed 310 immediately and was transferred.
Good luck!

Zeeshaan10

Aug 31, 2021
Hi everyone,
They Will Ask You Sure Travelling Bookiing ticket Within 30 Days Date....And They Will ask You Any Emergency Situations Documents which You Need To Provide otherwise it will Not Work at all They take too Long Time....

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
They Will Ask You Sure Travelling Bookiing ticket Within 30 Days Date....And They Will ask You Any Emergency Situations Documents which You Need To Provide otherwise it will Not Work at all They take too Long Time....
they didn't ask me for any tickets if they did I would've booked them BUT this is also not logical too because with the RTD you still need to obtain a Visa for it, so booking a flight ticket isn't reliable. Anyway I got my RTD already with no ticket booking as I said and I did provide them with many proofs without them asking they didn't ask for it.
Thanks

Reactions: ref19to22

abradabraaaa

Star Member
Jan 21, 2023
If I didn't followed up, they wouldn't process my RTD that fast. I had my surgery now and I feel good way better than before. communicating with them daily was the key to solve my issues.

Zeeshaan10

Aug 31, 2021
they didn't ask me for any tickets if they did I would've booked them BUT this is also not logical too because with the RTD you still need to obtain a Visa for it, so booking a flight ticket isn't reliable. Anyway I got my RTD already with no ticket booking as I said and I did provide them with many proofs without them asking they didn't ask for it.
Thanks
Sorry not ticket I Mean Travelling within 30 Days..... Anyway Congratulations You Got RTD!

iftikhar0022

Star Member
Nov 14, 2018
Thanks
after how many days you got RTD?

AwesomeDoer

Feb 9, 2023
I think a doctor's note is sufficient to prove urgency, a flight ticket request is rare.