+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Travel Document backlog

Alshuwaiter

Mar 15, 2022
I applied for a Travel Document on 28 September 2021. Today it’s 23 December 2022. And still nothing. I’m talking 15 solid months, about 20 web forms, engaging 2 Members of Parliament and 2 urgent plane tickets later. I know depression been there, maybe still. I read some people talking 10 days boom , y’all got Jesus’ number or what. Got a work conference I gotta lead in Fresno, CA in a months’ time, I guess it’s another bummer. IRCC has patienced me out of patience and back to patience. It’s now funny.
I hear you and can feel your depression. I applied on April, I provided the urgent documents, 2 congresswoman got involved, we protested in front the Parliament and IRCC I am and still waiting. I missed several conferences. It is really frustrating.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Wow guys, I cannot believe for backlog, I got my pr card last week, now I see that I might get citizenship first before travel document. Anyway going to apply in January.

ysnmechy

Jan 31, 2024
I also applied for my family and myself in September 2021. My RTD was sent last month, my wife’s own was sent this month and I’m still waiting for my son’s RTD.
Me I applied but they returned my application with all original copies and photos but they said nothing wrong or add comment on my application

Jakiewuyi

Star Member
Jan 20, 2022
Me I applied but they returned my application with all original copies and photos but they said nothing wrong or add comment on my application
My son’s RTD came this week after waiting for a long time. I applied in 2021. I don’t think i still need it because I’ll qualify for citizenship this year.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
my RTD is expiring this month and i need to renew it now .do i need to submit old RTD ? though i have some valid visas on it? how long its taking now to get new RTD?

ref19to22

May 18, 2022
my RTD is expiring this month and i need to renew it now .do i need to submit old RTD ? though i have some valid visas on it? how long its taking now to get new RTD?
there is no renewal process, so you will need to apply for a new RTD. As per Question 4 and Section J of the RTD application, you will need to submit your old RTD along with the usual application package, and request to have it returned to you because you have valid visas in it.

Norijal

Oct 20, 2021
there is no renewal process, so you will need to apply for a new RTD. As per Question 4 and Section J of the RTD application, you will need to submit your old RTD along with the usual application package, and request to have it returned to you because you have valid visas in it.
Thanks alot for your guidance..can we send a copy of the exisiting RTD or its mandatory to send back Old RTD with application?