Refugee Travel Document 2023

elonaaa1

Mar 18, 2020
I got my travel document today!!!!
My timeline:
Sent my documents on August 14th
Arrived on August 16th sent a webform with urgent reasons same day
Called them two times they told me on process from august 17th
Called them on Friday this week they told me its been approved and sent out for delivery on Thursday. Got it today
!!!

Reactions: ref19to22

Shiny12

Star Member
Apr 19, 2023
My timeline:
Called them on Friday this week they told me its been approved and sent out for delivery on Thursday. Got it today
!!!
Congrats .. to which office did you mail your application? Did they request you for any additional documents during processing?

Thanks in advance.

elonaaa1

Mar 18, 2020
Congrats .. to which office did you mail your application? Did they request you for any additional documents during processing?

Thanks in advance.
I mailed it to Ottawa but the strange thing is when the gave me the tracking number it said shipped from the Gatineau office
No they didn’t ask me for additional info

Reactions: Shiny12

YaeliA

Aug 17, 2023
Hello, I have been waiting for my RTD for more than a year!!

They received my application on July 21, 2022. Until now, I have not received any updates or estimated processing times. I have sent many web forms asking about it and they replied to me with the same generic response that my application is being processed.....
I dont know what to do anymore, I have sent urgent processing request as well but no luck.

If anyone has any suggestions, please!!

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Hi there...

I was in the same boat as you. Trust me the pain and frustration around all of this is beyond understanding.
My personal experience was like... i applied last year August but i received nothing less than your application is in process.
Than someone in the forum advised me to cancel my application "write a letter with all the references send it via Mailpost_Canada... you need to let them know you are canceling for RTD" as you are probably waiting for ur PR !!!(be careful you will loose the money of that application) and wait 3 days to 1 week and apply for RTD again !!!
In 3 or 4 weeks !!! You might receive it.
Please : avoid any delays - Good picture, signe all pages and for the guarantee person ? You can use a police oficer.

GOOD LUCK

elonaaa1

Mar 18, 2020
Hi
My fiancé applied for the travel document on March 2022 and still he haven’t received it. I called and asked and they told me he didn’t submit the notice of seizure with the application but he doesn’t have it. Does anyone know how to get the notice of seizure or does anyone applied without it and got the travel document?

elonaaa1

Mar 18, 2020
Hi there...

I was in the same boat as you. Trust me the pain and frustration around all of this is beyond understanding.
My personal experience was like... i applied last year August but i received nothing less than your application is in process.
Than someone in the forum advised me to cancel my application "write a letter with all the references send it via Mailpost_Canada... you need to let them know you are canceling for RTD" as you are probably waiting for ur PR !!!(be careful you will loose the money of that application) and wait 3 days to 1 week and apply for RTD again !!!
In 3 or 4 weeks !!! You might receive it.
Please : avoid any delays - Good picture, signe all pages and for the guarantee person ? You can use a police oficer.

GOOD LUCK
I sent a webform to cancel my fiancee application but they didn’t sent any email to confirm it just an email sayiung we got your request but we have a high volume rn….
Did you wait one week and applied again or did you call them and made sure that the application was canceled?

rachelm2000r

Star Member
Aug 19, 2023
Hi...
I will answer you base on my own experience.
Webform are okey, but sometimes "agents" of IRCC work like robot and don't pay really attention of what the topic is inside.

I suggest you to write ✍ using a ink pen or word type document.
Name, surname, ur date of birth, email, phone number,date, ur email, irrc_IUC number.
And do not forget the object of that letter and the raison why you are canceling ur demande (the date you applied + your waiting period). And signe it at the end. Make a copy for you. You can send it via mailpost & via webform.

Count 3 days or 1 week. Submit a new demande. You can even call them to see if the filled it on your portal folder.

I did that (cancelation) after 2 weeks ! I received an acknowledged letter saying they received my cancelation demande. (But i didn't wait for that acknowledged letter)
I did apply for a RTD.
After 30 days ! I received it.

shushuu

Oct 17, 2023
I am writing because I am really frustrated, having been waiting for the RTD (Refugee Travel Document) for more than a year. I have a return envelope with it for me to track it when it's issued. I called last week and was told that the RTD was returned (they did not use my envelope) because I did not claim it from the post office. I did not receive the delivery notice from Canada Post; my mail is usually misplaced by them. It's a hopeless case because I complained multiple times and it keeps happening until today. I have the IRCC four times since last week and they told me the officer did not do anything yet. I sent a web form today. I would greatly appreciate any advice. Thank you

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
Hi,
I have applied to renew my travel document. After submitting web request form agent asked me for tracking number. My Ireland visa is expiring 22 days. Agent said my application is marked as urgent. Can some one share his views?
Can you please share what you submitted for ireland Visa and the time of processing? Thanks

Rick4Life

Nov 17, 2022
Hi,
I have applied to renew my travel document. After submitting web request form agent asked me for tracking number. My Ireland visa is expiring 22 days. Agent said my application is marked as urgent. Can some one share his views?
Have you received your new RTD?

adil22

Mar 7, 2024
My timeline:
!!!
which urgent reasons bro? I wanna know if my reasons will be regarded as urgent too