+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee status processing time (Expedited-Ontario)

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
Does anyone know the approximate/average time it takes for a final decision (without a hearing) to be made after one's claim being referred eligible?

Someone who is obviously from a country designated as part of the Expedited Policy and made the claim in Ontario.

Thank you all.

SAMER MAHER

Jan 8, 2017
Did they tell you that you are accepted as a refugee or they just told your case will go through expedited procedure?

joksuela

Star Member
Sep 27, 2018
I was not told anything by neither IRB nor CBSA.

My question was how long it usually takes from being referred to as an eligible refugee claimant to a decision being made.

Your inputs are appreciated.

Last edited:

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Does anyone know the approximate/average time it takes for a final decision (without a hearing) to be made after one's claim being referred eligible?

I have received the letter that my claim has been selected for the expedited processing but I haven’t heard back already 6 months after getting the letter.

Thank you all.

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019

I have received the letter that my claim has been selected for the expedited processing but I haven’t heard back already 6 months after getting the letter.

Thank you all.
Hi did you receive any decision? ?

Reactions: Armaani

Armaani

Star Member
Feb 20, 2019
Hi yes back in march 2019 and I have submitted application for PR since April 2019 and still waiting what about yourself?

rozana21

Aug 31, 2019
Hi yes back in march 2019 and I have submitted application for PR since April 2019 and still waiting what about yourself?
Still waiting for hearing .. after you got expedited letter how long it took to get accepted letter??