+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee proof of refugee claim

Mima Canada

Dec 10, 2020
Hi everyone,

It has been a while that I have changed my religion and it is not safe for me to go back to my country. I have claimed my refugee case in August. My lawyer has never told me that I need to show some documents to proof that I changed my religion. 2 days ago, he asked to send him my documents in a week. I don't have anything at the moment. Do you have any suggestions for my case? If I get rejected, can I upload some documents from the church in Canada confirming my participation in church? Please help me. It's been very stressful.

Thanks

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone,

It has been a while that I have changed my religion and it is not safe for me to go back to my country. I have claimed my refugee case in August. My lawyer has never told me that I need to show some documents to proof that I changed my religion. 2 days ago, he asked to send him my documents in a week. I don't have anything at the moment. Do you have any suggestions for my case? If I get rejected, can I upload some documents from the church in Canada confirming my participation in church? Please help me. It's been very stressful.

Thanks
Which country are you from ?
You should try to obtain those papers from a church right away. You can ask to email it. It is very very important to have evidence.
if you are rejected, it’s different story
Good luck !

Reactions: Mima Canada

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
Hi everyone,

Thanks
You need to provide this evidence now. Waiting until after you are refused is a bad plan. Evidence is required to substantiate all significant claims you are making as part of your refugee application.

Examples of evidence:
- Proof of conversion (this depends on what religion you converted to and may include something like proof of baptism and/or proof that you attended sessions to understand and learn about the religion prior to conversion)
- Letter from your church minister / priest / religious leader confirming membership and regular attendance
- Evidence of volunteer work with your church (if applicable) or attendance of any remote meetings (e.g. bible study)
- If applicable, proof you are part of an online community (e.g. Facebook group) related to that religion and that you participate in discussions there about your new religion (you would want to have evidence of this that goes back many months, setting this up now won't help)
- Character letters from long time members of the church you attend confirming that you are an active member there
- Personal statement explaining why you switched religions

Hope this helps and good luck.

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
You need to provide this evidence now. Waiting until after you are refused is a bad plan. Evidence is required to substantiate all significant claims you are making as part of your refugee application.

Examples of evidence:
- Proof of conversion (this depends on what religion you converted to and may include something like proof of baptism and/or proof that you attended sessions to understand and learn about the religion prior to conversion)
- Letter from your church minister / priest / religious leader confirming membership and regular attendance
- Evidence of volunteer work with your church (if applicable) or attendance of any remote meetings (e.g. bible study)
- If applicable, proof you are part of an online community (e.g. Facebook group) related to that religion and that you participate in discussions there about your new religion (you would want to have evidence of this that goes back many months, setting this up now won't help)
- Character letters from long time members of the church you attend confirming that you are an active member there
- Personal statement explaining why you switched religions

Hope this helps and good luck.
Could not agree more!
You do not need to put yourself into more struggle if it’s possible to obtain everything now.
In addition, it looks that lawyer is not the best because evidence is everything. The evidence is the key

mrs waseem

Star Member
Dec 13, 2009
Hi dear please don't trust your lawyer.
I lost my case very badly as i trusted badly on my lawyer I lost my case on lack of proofs and insufficient evidence.
Please seek more evidence or supporting documents.

Mima Canada

Dec 10, 2020
Hi dear please don't trust your lawyer.
I lost my case very badly as i trusted badly on my lawyer I lost my case on lack of proofs and insufficient evidence.
Please seek more evidence or supporting documents.
I really hope everything goes fine with your case, Can you hire another lawyer?
As I don't have enough evidence, most likely I will lose this case. What happens if I lose the case? Do I have leave Canada?

Masjuy

Dec 6, 2020
As I don't have enough evidence, most likely I will lose this case. What happens if I lose the case? Do I have leave Canada?
I would suggest to do generous donation to the church, if it is possible, and still ask for papers from pastor or priest, depends on religion. Anyway try to ask, it will not hurt.

scylla

VIP Member
Jun 8, 2010
Toronto
Category........
Visa Office......
Buffalo
Job Offer........
Pre-Assessed..
App. Filed.......
28-05-2010
AOR Received.
19-08-2010
File Transfer...
28-06-2010
Passport Req..
01-10-2010
VISA ISSUED...
05-10-2010
LANDED..........
05-10-2010
You can appeal if you lose the case. If you also lose the appeal, then you would need to leave Canada. Evidence is critical to prove your case.

Vancouver93

Star Member
Apr 18, 2020
Hi everyone,

Thanks
Hi have you received your work permit yet

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
I would suggest to do generous donation to the church, if it is possible, and still ask for papers from pastor or priest, depends on religion. Anyway try to ask, it will not hurt.
A generous donation proves nothing and is likely to look suspicious. Consistent involvement in church and religious festivities is what is needed. The religious establishment or friends you have made attending the religious establishment should have pictures of you attending various holidays over the period of time starting before your conversion. You should have proof of your time getting to know the religion and after conversion celebrating with others and being involved. Many people say they have converted religions to seek asylum so the government needs evidence of why you stopped believing in your previous faith, how you started looking into the other fath even in your home country and what steps you took to make sure conversion and the new religion was what you felt called to. Conversion is a big event so most would have pictures and perhaps a celebration afterwards with friends. Then you need to show your consistent commitment to your new religion over the period of time since your conversion.