+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee Hearing

sss12345

Star Member
Dec 13, 2017
Got it, thanks. Because I heard that I can get PR faster, if I apply from Saskatoon.
You're welcome. As far as I know they're all processed equally. More knowledgeable senior members can confirm whether it's the case or not. Best of luck!

dollypee

May 26, 2018
And if I eventually made it to Canada, can I seek asylum from the airport and would I be taken to refugee shelter or what comes up next?

canuck78

VIP Member
Jun 18, 2017
You should be aware the especially as a single man you will end up in a shelter. That could be a bed in a community centre of sleeping with other homeless Canadian citizens. There are too many refugees for our current refugee shelters.

tijanihafeez

Jan 2, 2018
Category........
Also the acceptance rate of asylum seekers from Nigeria is maybe 50%. There has been a recent influx of asylum seekers from Nigeria who obtained US visas with plans to cross the irregular border. Most of those applications will be denied. I am sure this situation has been in the Nigerian media so wanted to stress that it is actually quite hard to get asylum and to make sure you have lots of proof about your persecution.

But please what of those that enter from Nigeria straight not crossing from US. Hope they are not affected too with the chance of getting accepted

zardoz

VIP Member
Feb 2, 2013
Canada
Category........
FAM
Visa Office......
London
App. Filed.......
16-02-2013
VISA ISSUED...
31-07-2013
LANDED..........
09-11-2013
But please what of those that enter from Nigeria straight not crossing from US. Hope they are not affected too with the chance of getting accepted
Every individual case will be assessed on it's own merits. If you don't have a very good "basis of claim", you can expect to be returned.