+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee hearing decisions

Alikhan115674

Apr 13, 2020
They posted on their website that IAD decisions will pe issued via Email , IAD decisions far as I know are different from NOD but they did mentioned at the end they are working on adapting new ways to issue decisions from other divisions of refugee Board as well and they will keep updating it.
Hi
One of my friends yesterday got email about PR in pilot project and clearly mention he can invite his wife from home country.

sadaf2018

Apr 13, 2020
Hi everyone, any update on getting decision from IRB.

My interview happened in Mid Feb 2020.

waiting for decision now. Anyone received decision ?

IRB doesnt come under ontario government. Any idea as to when will IRB be open.

Mack1822

May 14, 2020
Hello everybody, my hearing was held on beginning of March 2020. In Vancouver downtown. I was told by board member that I will get decision In two to three weeks . Still haven’t got any replies . If anyone has any info on recent decisions please let me know thank you .

Star Member
Oct 17, 2017
Hi everyone, any update on getting decision from IRB.

My interview happened in Mid Feb 2020.

waiting for decision now. Anyone received decision ?

IRB doesnt come under ontario government. Any idea as to when will IRB be open.
Mine was on 31Jan 2020

All IRB offices are closed till further notice . So take it easy . It will take a good time until office resume working and we get our decision my mail .

be safe

Mars18

Apr 21, 2020
Mine was on 31Jan 2020

All IRB offices are closed till further notice . So take it easy . It will take a good time until office resume working and we get our decision my mail .

be safe
I think everyone knows IRB front offices are closed but working remotely. The point here is if anyone heard anything from IRB after mid March with similar situation. Thank you.

Reactions: sadaf2018

blueivory

Star Member
Oct 1, 2016
How long from landing and claiming refugee ti first hearing? Approximately? When can I make application for PR?

sadaf2018

Apr 13, 2020
Around 20 months to 24 month for interview except some special cases. I have seen most people taking this time for interview after applying for refugee claim. And then once you are approved then add more around 18 months to 24 month for PR.

Not exact but i saw variations in cases. This will give you a good estimate.

Sabahn

May 16, 2020
Hello. Does anyone know if IRB has started working on NOD? I had my hearing on Feb 24, still waiting for the decision.

Jagdeep121

Oct 12, 2017
Hello everybody, my hearing was held on beginning of March 2020. In Vancouver downtown. I was told by board member that I will get decision In two to three weeks . Still haven’t got any replies . If anyone has any info on recent decisions please let me know thank you .
Hi.
Can you tell me how long was the interview. Anything important i need to know or i should do . I am too expecting a hearing in 2 months at Vancouver

Mack1822

May 14, 2020
Hii
It usually depends on case by case . Mine took almost 4 hours . Whole interview revolves around your basis of claim and submissions . So go through all the documents . Be positive and truthful. Good luck take care