+1(514) 937-9445 or Toll-free (Canada & US) +1 (888) 947-9445

Refugee hearing 3 months ago - no decision letter yet

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
i had my refugee hearing three months ago in Montreal and didnt receive decision letter,
i tried to call to IRB but they always reply in the same way: decision is not made yet and we dont know when it will be done.

i couldnt find any official information regarding the average durations of "making decision", however i heard from some guys that desicion suppose to be done within 60 days or 90 days

do you have any info about this issue?

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
The only thing that I found is:

When will I get my decision?
The decision-maker who hears your claim will normally provide a decision and reasons orally at the conclusion of your hearing. If the decision-maker is not ready to deliver their decision orally, your decision will be provided by mail several weeks following the hearing. It is important to ensure that your contact information is current with the RPD at all times.

www.irb-cisr.gc.ca/eng/brdcom/abau/faq/pages/index.aspx

WishuWereHere

Star Member
Mar 6, 2013
I know one other guy who the judged told him that you are accepted as Protected person but he waited for his decision letter almost for two months. after two months he abandoned his refugee and left Canada.
You will get ur decision letter and its just a matter of time. I think Montreal and Ottawa office has become one unit and that might be the reason urs is on waitlist. but I am not sure.

Mr. Preppy

Star Member
Aug 21, 2012
WishuWereHere said:
I know one other guy who the judged told him that you are accepted as Protected person but he waited for his decision letter almost for two months. after two months he abandoned his refugee and left Canada.
You will get ur decision letter and its just a matter of time. I think Montreal and Ottawa office has become one unit and that might be the reason urs is on waitlist. but I am not sure.
sad story :(

luckyrefugee

Mar 5, 2019
Category........
Other
Visa Office......
CPC missisuaga
App. Filed.......
10-12-2019
AOR Received.
26-11-2020
Med's Request